Monday, October 11, 2004

Run

When I run, I am free.

Free to be whoever I want.
Free to think whatever I want.
Free to pray whatever I want.
Free to feel however I want.
Free to think that I am fast.
Free to feel that I am slow.
Free to like whatever I want.
Free to dislike whatever I want.

Free to not worry.
Free to not hurt.
Free to not love.
Free to not hate.
Free to not sin.
Free to not cry.
Free to not laugh.
Free to not think.

And so, tonight, I ran. And I set a new record. I ran the fastest lap that I have ever run. How do I feel? Free.

1 Comments:

Blogger Benjamin said...

I like your poem. It is good. It made me think of where my "free" place is. It made me wonder, "when do I feel free?". I guess that place would be while I am playing soccer. Not when my coach is yelling at me from the sideline, not when I am thinking about what to do next, but in the moment. I am free in the moment while I make a tackle, or while I am watching the slow motion of my shot towards the goal. I am free when I am dribbling past defenders, and making them wonder where I am. When I am free, no one can touch me. When I am free, no one can catch me. When I am free, no one can beat me. When I am free no one can shake me. When I am free, it is just me, the game, and God's smile upon me. That is where I am free - in the game.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home