Appetence
Standing here, looking in your eyes,
Do you ever hear my heart cry?
I understand that it's not wise,
And that's the time I realize
That all the beauty of the skies
Is held- imprisoned- in your eyes.
As I glance at your ear-ringed ear,
Can you feel all my pent-up fear?
I may not cry a single tear-
Lest I prevent your drawing near.
For that I could not stand, my dear.
So I'll just sit, and hold you here.
Now I ask, are we in accord?
Might we two glorify our Lord?
For too long in my heart I stored
Wishes of permanence; I lean toward
Needing someone- I can't afford
To heed my heart, so I'll shut that door.
I ponder the gift I'm given.
Toward His grace, I am driven-
So thankful that I'm forgiven.
I wonder if you have striven,
As have I, to be forgiven?
His heart I too oft have riven.
Do you ever hear my heart cry?
I understand that it's not wise,
And that's the time I realize
That all the beauty of the skies
Is held- imprisoned- in your eyes.
As I glance at your ear-ringed ear,
Can you feel all my pent-up fear?
I may not cry a single tear-
Lest I prevent your drawing near.
For that I could not stand, my dear.
So I'll just sit, and hold you here.
Now I ask, are we in accord?
Might we two glorify our Lord?
For too long in my heart I stored
Wishes of permanence; I lean toward
Needing someone- I can't afford
To heed my heart, so I'll shut that door.
I ponder the gift I'm given.
Toward His grace, I am driven-
So thankful that I'm forgiven.
I wonder if you have striven,
As have I, to be forgiven?
His heart I too oft have riven.


1 Comments:
So, yeah, I created a blog just to make a stinkin comment on this entry, and now I don't even know what I was going to say! Bummer! Later man, this is... well, you know me. Keep my identity secret... the fate of the world depends upon it!
Post a Comment
<< Home