Rainy Monday
Praise the Lord- Matt isn't dead!
He kinda sorta got indirectly struck (stricken? striked?) by lightning... a tree or light pole he was near was struck, and his umbrella caught some electrons, and shocked him in the thumb!!! Isn't that totally cool? I nearly got struck, too, but nothing THAT impressive... I could only see red for a couple of seconds, which totally freaked me out, but about the time I panicked, I realized that I could see again, so I calmed down.
Sometimes, I think I have things figured out, and then something else happens, and I know I don't have things figured at all. I thought I knew where certain people stood, and now I don't.
I thought that some books were closed, while others were open, waiting to be written... and now, it seems that the author may be too busy going back to old books to write a new one.
Man, with all these crummy metaphors, you probably think I was educated by a frog.
Why do some people insist on being different to the detriment of their own reputation? I don't understand it, but it's a question I have struggled with since last year. I have pity on them- compassion. Because either they're too blind to notice that they don't look or act like everyone else, or the CHOOSE to be that way. And I cannot imagine why. Yes, I realize that God sees our insides, rather than our outsides (my insides are full of SAGA- good thing He doesn't judge that). But seriously, people make judgment calls based on your appearance. And when you are so way out there, or walk around campus doing certain things... it's just inexplicable. For me. I have prayed about it.
I have a loooooooong way to go, folks. And- said it before, and must remind myself- the only reason I am cool is that Jesus is cool. Other than that, I clearly have nothing to offer.
There's a question I want to ask someone, but I can't bring myself to ask them. It wouldn't be 'sensitive' to them. It would put them on the spot. I just really want to know. Aaargh.
Yeah, so, I kinda wonder what happened to this friend of mine. Maybe not a friend- I'd have to ask her about that, since her new 'friend' might not approve of our being 'friends.' That was the strangest thing. But, maybe she's right- maybe she's not the woman I thought she was, and is a rotten person now, so it wouldn't matter.
You know what I have trouble with? Finding what people mean by what they say; more specifically, finding what they WANT me to know by their words. It's so confusing. Because sometimes I find out that when a person said one thing, they were hoping I would pick up on their 'hidden cry for attention' or something. I have a tendency to read stuff into things anyway. Ugh- this is stupid, and I won't develop the thought any further.
This blog is too long- I should learn to shut up.
He kinda sorta got indirectly struck (stricken? striked?) by lightning... a tree or light pole he was near was struck, and his umbrella caught some electrons, and shocked him in the thumb!!! Isn't that totally cool? I nearly got struck, too, but nothing THAT impressive... I could only see red for a couple of seconds, which totally freaked me out, but about the time I panicked, I realized that I could see again, so I calmed down.
Sometimes, I think I have things figured out, and then something else happens, and I know I don't have things figured at all. I thought I knew where certain people stood, and now I don't.
I thought that some books were closed, while others were open, waiting to be written... and now, it seems that the author may be too busy going back to old books to write a new one.
Man, with all these crummy metaphors, you probably think I was educated by a frog.
Why do some people insist on being different to the detriment of their own reputation? I don't understand it, but it's a question I have struggled with since last year. I have pity on them- compassion. Because either they're too blind to notice that they don't look or act like everyone else, or the CHOOSE to be that way. And I cannot imagine why. Yes, I realize that God sees our insides, rather than our outsides (my insides are full of SAGA- good thing He doesn't judge that). But seriously, people make judgment calls based on your appearance. And when you are so way out there, or walk around campus doing certain things... it's just inexplicable. For me. I have prayed about it.
I have a loooooooong way to go, folks. And- said it before, and must remind myself- the only reason I am cool is that Jesus is cool. Other than that, I clearly have nothing to offer.
There's a question I want to ask someone, but I can't bring myself to ask them. It wouldn't be 'sensitive' to them. It would put them on the spot. I just really want to know. Aaargh.
Yeah, so, I kinda wonder what happened to this friend of mine. Maybe not a friend- I'd have to ask her about that, since her new 'friend' might not approve of our being 'friends.' That was the strangest thing. But, maybe she's right- maybe she's not the woman I thought she was, and is a rotten person now, so it wouldn't matter.
You know what I have trouble with? Finding what people mean by what they say; more specifically, finding what they WANT me to know by their words. It's so confusing. Because sometimes I find out that when a person said one thing, they were hoping I would pick up on their 'hidden cry for attention' or something. I have a tendency to read stuff into things anyway. Ugh- this is stupid, and I won't develop the thought any further.
This blog is too long- I should learn to shut up.


3 Comments:
Boys aren't supposed to think that much.
I don't think it was too long. I like reading long blogs. A refreshing change.
“A man does not go to a woman to get his strength; he goes to her to offer it.” – John Eldredge
Post a Comment
<< Home