Volcanic Wisdom
Sometimes I come up with great titles- not today. Once, I did a college thesis on the fall of Communism in Czechoslovakia; what did I title it? "Free Czeching," of course.
Anyhow.
Mt. St. Helens is giving off four earthquakes per minute- up to 3.0 on the Richter scale. ISN'T THAT EXCITING!?!?!?! I wish I could be there- it would be more impressive than what Kilauea was doing when I was in Hilo. If St. Helens actually DID anything, I mean. I am hoping for a huge lava blast straight into the sky; THAT would be a sunset to see.
The wisest thing I came up with today was pretty lame, but here it is:
I find that when I turn around to walk away from my problems, only then can my problems can stab me in the back. When I am facing them, I can fight; when I turn to walk away, they chase with daggers. Sometimes, machetes- gotta watch out for machete-wielding problems.
So mom and I got into a minor argument the other day over how to spell the word "Yoghurt." I swore it had the "h" in it, while she maintained it was simply, "yogurt." Turns out, the stupid word can be spelled no fewer than THREE WAYS:
Yogurt,
Yoghurt, and
Yougurt.
It's the last one that gets me. You-gurt? Whatever! What kinda nerd...
So things are looking better now. Grudges are not being held. Fights have been abandoned. Hurts are being patched up.
And that's the best way, isn't it? See, much of my 'wise counsel' left me high and dry; I knew in my heart that those suggestions were not representative of actions I wanted to take. Am I making myself vulnerable to future problems? Yeah. I am. But, instead of "cutting my losses" and "showing that you're no fool" and "maintaining control over the situation," I decided to chill a bit.
There's one particular person in my life who has NEVER approved of how I handle things- this person always thinks I should have done things differently. It proved to be a big problem in my last relationship, so I learned from it. And now I make my own decisions. Now we'll have to see if I get burned. I don't anticipate it.
Anyhow.
Mt. St. Helens is giving off four earthquakes per minute- up to 3.0 on the Richter scale. ISN'T THAT EXCITING!?!?!?! I wish I could be there- it would be more impressive than what Kilauea was doing when I was in Hilo. If St. Helens actually DID anything, I mean. I am hoping for a huge lava blast straight into the sky; THAT would be a sunset to see.
The wisest thing I came up with today was pretty lame, but here it is:
I find that when I turn around to walk away from my problems, only then can my problems can stab me in the back. When I am facing them, I can fight; when I turn to walk away, they chase with daggers. Sometimes, machetes- gotta watch out for machete-wielding problems.
So mom and I got into a minor argument the other day over how to spell the word "Yoghurt." I swore it had the "h" in it, while she maintained it was simply, "yogurt." Turns out, the stupid word can be spelled no fewer than THREE WAYS:
Yogurt,
Yoghurt, and
Yougurt.
It's the last one that gets me. You-gurt? Whatever! What kinda nerd...
So things are looking better now. Grudges are not being held. Fights have been abandoned. Hurts are being patched up.
And that's the best way, isn't it? See, much of my 'wise counsel' left me high and dry; I knew in my heart that those suggestions were not representative of actions I wanted to take. Am I making myself vulnerable to future problems? Yeah. I am. But, instead of "cutting my losses" and "showing that you're no fool" and "maintaining control over the situation," I decided to chill a bit.
There's one particular person in my life who has NEVER approved of how I handle things- this person always thinks I should have done things differently. It proved to be a big problem in my last relationship, so I learned from it. And now I make my own decisions. Now we'll have to see if I get burned. I don't anticipate it.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home