Friends- goofy entry
Friends are strange. Take this person that claims to be my friend. I tried two or three times to strike up a conversation with them the other day. No success. I only got one-word responses. Answers like, “Hi.” Or “Yep.” That’s it.
And then, two hours later, when I walked by with a bowl full of tasty treats, suddenly they’re interested: “Hey, what’s up?” “How’s class going?” “Been doing okay?”
I was tempted to respond with, “Hi. Yep.”
But I didn’t- I shared my snack with them and talked.
I read a book once that said that WE determine how people treat us. Unfortunately, I don’t know how to make people treat me the way I want to be treated.
What to do?
I want to do more experiments- I always liked this pseudo-psychology stuff. I am tempted to try it again with several different objects, and see which works the best. If I walked down there with a pizza in my arms, would that work better or worse than the previous food item (which shall remain nameless, lest everyone figure out who it was and what/when, for where like Willy Wonka says)
Leave your thoughts on friends and stuff.
And then, two hours later, when I walked by with a bowl full of tasty treats, suddenly they’re interested: “Hey, what’s up?” “How’s class going?” “Been doing okay?”
I was tempted to respond with, “Hi. Yep.”
But I didn’t- I shared my snack with them and talked.
I read a book once that said that WE determine how people treat us. Unfortunately, I don’t know how to make people treat me the way I want to be treated.
What to do?
I want to do more experiments- I always liked this pseudo-psychology stuff. I am tempted to try it again with several different objects, and see which works the best. If I walked down there with a pizza in my arms, would that work better or worse than the previous food item (which shall remain nameless, lest everyone figure out who it was and what/when, for where like Willy Wonka says)
Leave your thoughts on friends and stuff.


1 Comments:
Why work so hard on people? I don't understand. I learned today that I am melancholy.
Post a Comment
<< Home