Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Thoughts and aggravations for the morning.

Okay, ladies, let's get two things straight.
When I hold the door open for you, you had better be derned sure to walk through it.
And you'd better be derned sure to say "thank you" also.
Before break, I held the door open for a girl, and she went out of her way to use the OTHER door. Friggin' idiot.
Today, I held the door for this girl, and she almost mowed me down going through it, and just walked away.

Chica, I coulda slammed it in your face and got the same response.
If there's nothing in it for us, we're not gonna do anything for you. Courtesy begat courtesy, once upon a time.

Danged yankee jerks.

Anyhow, I had the pleasure of sitting through another of Dr. Reynold's good devos this morning. As much as I hate the class, he gives really good devos, much of the time.

We were trying to reconcile Romans 8:15 with Romans 8:23. Romans 8:15 says we've been adopted, yet 8:23 says we're awaiting our adoption.
So Greggorio asks what we think about this, and I actually came up with an answer.
I said,
"Well, I kinda came up with this cheesey analogy just now. It's as if the paperwork has been done, but we're still waiting in the orphenage, looking out the window for our new Daddy to arrive."

Get it?

I wrote this in class:
I was the bad orphan. Disrespectful, sarcastic, and ugly.
The LAST one to ever get considered for adoption.
Little did I know that I already HAD been adopted.


The other thing, I realized when I woke up this morning.
It's kinda personal, though. It might bless my friend to tell him this, but at the same time, it might be a little bit much. So I'll put it here the only way I know how.
One a sidenote, I had picked a nickname for a friend. But I think I'll change it to regna or capra or something like that. Nope, I just found a better one- scimmia.

La mia scimmia è il primo compagno di camera che mi fido di ogni giorno.
And also:
Ogni mattina, quando sveglio, me piace il mio compagno di camera... e quello è nuovo.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Randy,
Being a gentleman and a man of integrity means to do something because it is the right thing to do, not because of the benefits of it. If that were the case, you would ask the girl, "Will you say thank you when I open this door for you?", and if she says no, you'd refuse to open it for her. And that's just a little bit ridiculous. However, it is satisfying to receive a compliment, and it is the courteous and polite thing to do. But I don't think it can be demanded. Also, please don't stereotype against all "Yankees". I know you don't though.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home