oy ve
Wow. Lots of thoughts.
Sometimes, there's only so much you can do for a person. No matter how much you want everything to make sense to them, you can't do that...
Some of life's issues (many of them, it seems) aren't solvable inside the confines of a 30 or 60 or 90 or 300 minute conversation.
I said on my away message today that, uh...
Some things are better left unsaid. Even though you mean them, and even though they're true... some things are better left unsaid.
Maybe it's because I'm a man.
Yeah, I think it's a trait of men to avoid speaking uncomfortable truths, especially when they're not vital to anyone's existence.
Maybe there will come a time and place to say certain things. But, til then, I can sit on it.
I typically do.
It was interesting to talk to a buddy tonight about something that has haunted me for a long time.
In friendships, with rare exception, I always see that I value the other person more than they value me. I can name ten examples right off the top of my head.
It was good to hear from this friend, though, that he's on the opposite end of that- he realizes that his friends might value him more than he values them.
"Values" is the wrong word, but you get the drift.
Anyhow, I needed to hear what was said. Not from anyone in particular, just needed to hear it, period.
Because it's been a huge problem for me to reconcile in other friendships.
But now that I kinda know about this, it does two things. First, it validates my feeling that this is a condition which exists. Second, it encourages me to forge forward with such friendships in spite of my own frustration.
I said something tonight that was truer that I realized- that the more you put into a friendship, the more you get out.
Blood, sweat, and tears are the ingredients of real friendships.
Before I close, I would like to say thank you to the rare exceptions I mentioned before- Angela, Benjamin, and Jonathan. You folks seem to value me just as much as I value you. Which I am not accustomed to, and don't know what to do with...
I am being inconsiderate. Goodnight.
Sometimes, there's only so much you can do for a person. No matter how much you want everything to make sense to them, you can't do that...
Some of life's issues (many of them, it seems) aren't solvable inside the confines of a 30 or 60 or 90 or 300 minute conversation.
I said on my away message today that, uh...
Some things are better left unsaid. Even though you mean them, and even though they're true... some things are better left unsaid.
Maybe it's because I'm a man.
Yeah, I think it's a trait of men to avoid speaking uncomfortable truths, especially when they're not vital to anyone's existence.
Maybe there will come a time and place to say certain things. But, til then, I can sit on it.
I typically do.
It was interesting to talk to a buddy tonight about something that has haunted me for a long time.
In friendships, with rare exception, I always see that I value the other person more than they value me. I can name ten examples right off the top of my head.
It was good to hear from this friend, though, that he's on the opposite end of that- he realizes that his friends might value him more than he values them.
"Values" is the wrong word, but you get the drift.
Anyhow, I needed to hear what was said. Not from anyone in particular, just needed to hear it, period.
Because it's been a huge problem for me to reconcile in other friendships.
But now that I kinda know about this, it does two things. First, it validates my feeling that this is a condition which exists. Second, it encourages me to forge forward with such friendships in spite of my own frustration.
I said something tonight that was truer that I realized- that the more you put into a friendship, the more you get out.
Blood, sweat, and tears are the ingredients of real friendships.
Before I close, I would like to say thank you to the rare exceptions I mentioned before- Angela, Benjamin, and Jonathan. You folks seem to value me just as much as I value you. Which I am not accustomed to, and don't know what to do with...
I am being inconsiderate. Goodnight.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home