Friday, January 06, 2006

Two noteworthy items

Here's two things I have read in Gordon Bethune's book. They're worth discussion, I think.

"If your floor is so clean you can eat off it, you may be paying too much attention to your floors."

The company in question was an aviation company, with a complete staff of mechanics. They actually didn't make the mechanics clean up after themselves, though- they had an entire floor cleaning staff. Western Airlines prided itself on it's shop floors- that was their reputation. "Our shop floors are so clean you can eat off them." And Gordon says, "We're losing money- it's time we ate off of paper plates."



Okay, interesting anecdote:

The Chinese written character for crisis is the combination of two other characters--those for danger and opportunity.

Isn't that interesting???
I am gonna put it on my other website.

1 Comments:

Blogger Radar said...

wish you would have written this blog a week ago...it carries alot of advice that i could have used back then! i'll have to tell u l8r

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home