Monday, December 12, 2005

Note to self- reader may not understand/appreciate

This is a follow up to what I was saying the other day, "...it is that sometimes I look for pride in the wrong places..."

I found what I was looking for.
It took three years. But I think it was God's plan. It wouldn't have worked out any other way.
And it's not an issue of pride. Well, in one sense it is, and that's the sense I was thinking of the other day... but really, the majority of the concept has nothing to do with pride. I thought it did, but I was wrong. Pride has an element, but it shouldn't be the whole of it.

Thank you, Lord, for this blessing You sent me. I am pleasantly surprised by it, to a degree.

Oh, and before anyone gets any ideas, this is NOT about a girl. I just read what I wrote, and saw that it could be construed that way.

Lord, work on me. I know, I know, I know, I KNOW that I'm not a very 'nice' person on the inside.** I know the list of attitudes that have been pointed out to me lately. If only it was the Holy Spirit that was pointing out my faults, rather than the devil. See folks, the Holy Spirit isn't one that makes you feel shame and guilt and worthlessness and unsaved-ness... that's the voice of the devil. The one that tells me I'm not good enough, that I'm insufficient, that I don't have what it takes. The Holy Spirit will certainly point out sins, if you let him, but not the way the devil does.

I should stop this typing, Mark is trying to sleep, and I am being inconsiderate.
Goodnight.

**FOOTNOTE: In spite of all that John Eldredge has to say, YES, I THINK IT'S IMPORTANT TO BE A NICE PERSON. As a man, it's important. You can be nice, and a warrior, at the same time, Mr. Eldredge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home