Wise Thoughts for Monday
These are the deep thoughts I came up with this morning.
First, the smaller one of little consequence:
'Smart' is a relative term. Just because someone knows about something you don't know about, does not make them a smarter person. If I told you that the A/C compressor clutch on my car was cycling too quickly, you might think that I am a smart person. Well, that's not necessarily true; yes, I know what that means, but there are MANY things that I do not know about.
Secondly, the more interesting thought.
There is only one aspect of my being that is cool: that Jesus Christ died for me, and that I said, "yes" to His gift. The rest of me is not cool. Having the blood of the lamb on me... that makes me cool.
When I was a kid, I thought that if I knew how to rollerblade, or play soccer, or play the piano, or fly a plane, I would be cool. But this morning I saw something that made me realize that a nerd that can skateboard is, in the eyes of men, just a skateboard-riding nerd.
But Jesus makes the kid cool.
First, the smaller one of little consequence:
'Smart' is a relative term. Just because someone knows about something you don't know about, does not make them a smarter person. If I told you that the A/C compressor clutch on my car was cycling too quickly, you might think that I am a smart person. Well, that's not necessarily true; yes, I know what that means, but there are MANY things that I do not know about.
Secondly, the more interesting thought.
There is only one aspect of my being that is cool: that Jesus Christ died for me, and that I said, "yes" to His gift. The rest of me is not cool. Having the blood of the lamb on me... that makes me cool.
When I was a kid, I thought that if I knew how to rollerblade, or play soccer, or play the piano, or fly a plane, I would be cool. But this morning I saw something that made me realize that a nerd that can skateboard is, in the eyes of men, just a skateboard-riding nerd.
But Jesus makes the kid cool.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home