Sunday, June 11, 2006

WHAT?

This is not how this was supposed to be.

I feel really strongly about this right now, so I'm gonna have to vent.
And I know it's not going to be coherent, but that's okay, it isn't supposed to be.

You know, when someone mentioned that they might make a few changes, I figured that it was to be expected... no two leaders will do things the same way. But I fail to see how changing the meeting room around, or re-decorating, or wearing NAME-STINKING-TAGS is going to improve anything. What, these things are going to bring attendance up? You've got to be kidding me.
I can see now how Wisher would respond to being told to wear a name tag. Dumb idea.
And bringing the wife in to see how to redecorate the place? Are you joking? That sounds like it would involve spending money... and none of my guys would appreciate it one iota.
And what was wrong with meeting in the small room? I, and the leadership around me, thought it would be good, because it was more intimate. Meeting in a big room doesn't make you a big group.

As far as other things go...
I don't see why we need MORE adult leadership. It was fine with the amazing, kind, and generous people that were already there. More of a good thing is fine, in theory, but I don't see why we need to just bring in new flashy people to a new flashy place to do new flashy things.

You know what? I KNOW I don't deal with change well, and you can levy accusations to that end ALL YOU WANT. This is not about me, though.
The changes I wanted to make were to do more things like Highland Pines.
The changes he wants to make are... let his wife redecorate? Bring in new adult teachers?

What is your goal, sir?

And what was up with all that crap? "Well, I thought that this was boring," And "What do you all think we can do to improve???"

Okay, that's the end. I am out. I am beyond being able to accomplish anything by further ranting.

And I never even got a log-in account for the computer.
Or a phone extension.

Goodbye, FBCL. And good riddance.

1 Comments:

Blogger Radar said...

OOOOH! GOODBYE FBCL? whatall does that mean?
sounds like you were really upset yesterday. you didn't show your feelings at all; did a good job masking them. sorry all that had to take place!

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home