Changes...
Yesterday someone I know very well was looking at a picture of me. It was taken this past fall semester.
"Whoa," they said, "Is that even you?"
And yeah, it is.
I guess I aged a bit this year. About ten years, in fact.
It was a rough year.
I didn't realize it at the time- thankfully.
But it was.
So here I sit, in the mansion I live in. Lonely. Bored. Up past my bedtime. Wishing I had run today. Glad I took a long nap.
I have trouble deciding what it is we're supposed to do. As Christians, I mean. Are we supposed to take a stand, and fight to the death, for what we believe in? Or are we supposed to turn the other cheek to persecution? Which is it?
Does anybody know?
Or is it merely a 'pick your battles' situation?
I had several thoughts today. I'll post the "Sunday Thoughts" blog tomorrow, I guess.
It doesn't look like anyone reads this anymore, anyhow. Every time that happens, I switch my blog around to the "I am the only one who reads what I write" sytle of writing. And then, after a couple of weeks of that, someone turns up and writes a comment.
Whatever, I don't mind.
I will share one realization I had.
Wow, I just wrote it all out, but erased it. I'll rewrite it tomorrow when I can be more ambiguous without being confounding.
Goodnight.
"Whoa," they said, "Is that even you?"
And yeah, it is.
I guess I aged a bit this year. About ten years, in fact.
It was a rough year.
I didn't realize it at the time- thankfully.
But it was.
So here I sit, in the mansion I live in. Lonely. Bored. Up past my bedtime. Wishing I had run today. Glad I took a long nap.
I have trouble deciding what it is we're supposed to do. As Christians, I mean. Are we supposed to take a stand, and fight to the death, for what we believe in? Or are we supposed to turn the other cheek to persecution? Which is it?
Does anybody know?
Or is it merely a 'pick your battles' situation?
I had several thoughts today. I'll post the "Sunday Thoughts" blog tomorrow, I guess.
It doesn't look like anyone reads this anymore, anyhow. Every time that happens, I switch my blog around to the "I am the only one who reads what I write" sytle of writing. And then, after a couple of weeks of that, someone turns up and writes a comment.
Whatever, I don't mind.
I will share one realization I had.
Wow, I just wrote it all out, but erased it. I'll rewrite it tomorrow when I can be more ambiguous without being confounding.
Goodnight.


1 Comments:
Fight to the death vs. turn the other cheek: Maybe we are supposed to do both---but with different tools. The weapons of our warfare are not carnal. We aren't fighting to the death with sticks and fists. But we are fighting to the death with the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.
Post a Comment
<< Home