Well, it's been a while.
On Wednesday, my car rolled over 100,000 miles. I am excited. I am so thankful that it's been such a good car- never in the shop, not once. Outside of warranty, anyway. And it's a Ford!! So much for 'Found On Road Dead."
Me and my lab partner were working on an O-200 engine Thursday... we set it on fire. Oops. We thought everything was fine, because it hadn't ever started. So we're standing around, trying to figure out why it wouldn't start (that's the idea of the lab- why it won't start) and all of a sudden white smoke starts billowing out!!!! Of the intake, of course. There was a delayed response while we tried to get our brains to tell us what to do. But I was already running for the controls when Scroggins started hollering at us. And I was already doing the right thing. So there was no damage.
I was at Wal Mart a couple of days ago. It ended up being kinda surreal. The last time I was there, I was buying breakfast goods for someone ELSE. In my mind, I was considering what THEY would want to eat. But now, I'm just thinking about what I want. It was kinda sad. Not that I'm some wonderful person that does nice things for people just because I'm great like that. Trust me, I'm not very great. BUT- I thank the Lord that He worked in me to do nice works for someone else. There's no feeling quite like doing things for other people.
Well, the BIG news is that I passed my O's and P's today. Hooray. AND, I only took 15.5 hours. That's very good.
The thing that bugs me is that I know I could have done better... could have answered questions with more authority... could have been better prepared... and could have gone FASTER.
BUT, it doesn't matter now, because it's over. All over. And I passed. HOORAY!
Church tomorrow. Kinda frustrated with what's going on there, but I don't want to write about it.
On Wednesday, my car rolled over 100,000 miles. I am excited. I am so thankful that it's been such a good car- never in the shop, not once. Outside of warranty, anyway. And it's a Ford!! So much for 'Found On Road Dead."
Me and my lab partner were working on an O-200 engine Thursday... we set it on fire. Oops. We thought everything was fine, because it hadn't ever started. So we're standing around, trying to figure out why it wouldn't start (that's the idea of the lab- why it won't start) and all of a sudden white smoke starts billowing out!!!! Of the intake, of course. There was a delayed response while we tried to get our brains to tell us what to do. But I was already running for the controls when Scroggins started hollering at us. And I was already doing the right thing. So there was no damage.
I was at Wal Mart a couple of days ago. It ended up being kinda surreal. The last time I was there, I was buying breakfast goods for someone ELSE. In my mind, I was considering what THEY would want to eat. But now, I'm just thinking about what I want. It was kinda sad. Not that I'm some wonderful person that does nice things for people just because I'm great like that. Trust me, I'm not very great. BUT- I thank the Lord that He worked in me to do nice works for someone else. There's no feeling quite like doing things for other people.
Well, the BIG news is that I passed my O's and P's today. Hooray. AND, I only took 15.5 hours. That's very good.
The thing that bugs me is that I know I could have done better... could have answered questions with more authority... could have been better prepared... and could have gone FASTER.
BUT, it doesn't matter now, because it's over. All over. And I passed. HOORAY!
Church tomorrow. Kinda frustrated with what's going on there, but I don't want to write about it.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home