Best Year Ever???
So I was thinking about many things this weekend.
One of them was, "Which of the four years was best?"
Naturally, I am inclined to think that THIS was the best year ever. But that's just sentiment, right?
So I thought about it.
And, it turns out, this WAS the best year ever!!!
I didn't have any of the drama of fall 2004 this year. Granted, there WAS certainly drama, but not like that. There were hurts done to me, and hurts done by me. And I wish that was all avoidable. But, it's behind now, so I can't very well regret it- just learn from it.
I didn't suffer this year from the depression that gripped me in the fall of 2003. Granted, there were days and even weeks where I lost hope a little, didn't feel quite up to snuff, got frustrated with life, et cetera. But nothing like those dark days in the fall of 2003.
Lastly, I didn't have the weird roommate issues that I had in the fall of 2002 and spring of 2003. Yeah, my roommate and I may have had some issues this year. But I don't remember anything major, and I certainly grew as a man from them. AND, I grew as a friend from them! Me and Mark are way better friends now that I ever thought possible- praise the Lord! Mark is exactly the roommate I needed this year, and I HOPE that I was what he needed as well. The Lord's plan is so intricate. He works out all of my details and all of Mark's details and all of Rob's details... AT THE SAME TIME!!!
No one but our incredible God could do that.
Thank you, Lord, for giving me the best year of my college career. This year, I grew up as aman so much more than ever before... including junior college and all my time in Italy.
Our God is an awesome God,
He reigns from Heaven above
With wisdom, power and love,
Our God is an AWESOME GOD!!!
One of them was, "Which of the four years was best?"
Naturally, I am inclined to think that THIS was the best year ever. But that's just sentiment, right?
So I thought about it.
And, it turns out, this WAS the best year ever!!!
I didn't have any of the drama of fall 2004 this year. Granted, there WAS certainly drama, but not like that. There were hurts done to me, and hurts done by me. And I wish that was all avoidable. But, it's behind now, so I can't very well regret it- just learn from it.
I didn't suffer this year from the depression that gripped me in the fall of 2003. Granted, there were days and even weeks where I lost hope a little, didn't feel quite up to snuff, got frustrated with life, et cetera. But nothing like those dark days in the fall of 2003.
Lastly, I didn't have the weird roommate issues that I had in the fall of 2002 and spring of 2003. Yeah, my roommate and I may have had some issues this year. But I don't remember anything major, and I certainly grew as a man from them. AND, I grew as a friend from them! Me and Mark are way better friends now that I ever thought possible- praise the Lord! Mark is exactly the roommate I needed this year, and I HOPE that I was what he needed as well. The Lord's plan is so intricate. He works out all of my details and all of Mark's details and all of Rob's details... AT THE SAME TIME!!!
No one but our incredible God could do that.
Thank you, Lord, for giving me the best year of my college career. This year, I grew up as aman so much more than ever before... including junior college and all my time in Italy.
Our God is an awesome God,
He reigns from Heaven above
With wisdom, power and love,
Our God is an AWESOME GOD!!!


1 Comments:
Happy graduation, sir!
Post a Comment
<< Home