Sunday thoughts... again!
I don't really wanna write tonight.
But I know I need to, or ought to, so I'm fixin' to.
Okay, notes and thoughts from Sunday school:
Attitude is the most important decision you can make, after salvation of course. Attitude is more important than your past, your present, or your education.
This is true, when I think about it. There are guys on the floor that are far smarter than I am, yet their attitudes are poor. How far will they get? Who knows. But I have a suspicion.
If you don't really know what your attitude is, the best way to find out is to ask someone ELSE. They'll tell ya.
I plan to ask Mark what he thinks about my attitude... just as soon as he's done reading boring stuff.
Ephesians 4:29 is the verse that says not to let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth. I think this applies to several situations I have been toiling over lately.
David pointed out that Paul was writing TO THE CHURCH, not to unbelievers. So clearly, the church was having these issues at that time. Hence it's not to be unexpected now.
Good quotes from Sunday school:
Dan Boller once said to Sarah, "Sarah, you're one of those people that always sees the glass half-full........of crap."
Sarah Medin: "You become like the 5 people you hang around most."
Okay, notes from church:
It is erroneous to believe that a sufficient amount of faith will eliminate hardships.
FAITH is NOT asking Him to make things easier. That's not it at all.
Let your CRISIS lead you to a place of faith-
"Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him." -Job 13:15
I need trusted friends who will encourage my faith. Tim talked about five friends he has that listen to his problems and fears and struggles and DON'T JUDGE HIM. He says we need some friends to speak with at a GUT level. Just raw, unrefined, unapologetic thoughts.
I have that in a small number of people, and I try to be that to a larger number of people. One of those people will quickly tell you that I fail sometimes.
PREPARE TO BE STRETCHED- To build your faith, God will often ask you to do that which is UNNATURAL and UNCOMFORTABLE.
In Heaven, we'll have comfort and security- but don't try to make it that way here.
Now here's something random. It is kinda taken from the sunscreen song, and adapted. It is on the heels of several conversations between me and a friend... I very Baptist, she Pentecostal.
Be Baptist.
But leave before it makes you hard.
Be Pentecostal.
But leave before it makes you soft.
But I know I need to, or ought to, so I'm fixin' to.
Okay, notes and thoughts from Sunday school:
Attitude is the most important decision you can make, after salvation of course. Attitude is more important than your past, your present, or your education.
This is true, when I think about it. There are guys on the floor that are far smarter than I am, yet their attitudes are poor. How far will they get? Who knows. But I have a suspicion.
If you don't really know what your attitude is, the best way to find out is to ask someone ELSE. They'll tell ya.
I plan to ask Mark what he thinks about my attitude... just as soon as he's done reading boring stuff.
Ephesians 4:29 is the verse that says not to let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth. I think this applies to several situations I have been toiling over lately.
David pointed out that Paul was writing TO THE CHURCH, not to unbelievers. So clearly, the church was having these issues at that time. Hence it's not to be unexpected now.
Good quotes from Sunday school:
Dan Boller once said to Sarah, "Sarah, you're one of those people that always sees the glass half-full........of crap."
Sarah Medin: "You become like the 5 people you hang around most."
Okay, notes from church:
It is erroneous to believe that a sufficient amount of faith will eliminate hardships.
FAITH is NOT asking Him to make things easier. That's not it at all.
Let your CRISIS lead you to a place of faith-
"Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him." -Job 13:15
I need trusted friends who will encourage my faith. Tim talked about five friends he has that listen to his problems and fears and struggles and DON'T JUDGE HIM. He says we need some friends to speak with at a GUT level. Just raw, unrefined, unapologetic thoughts.
I have that in a small number of people, and I try to be that to a larger number of people. One of those people will quickly tell you that I fail sometimes.
PREPARE TO BE STRETCHED- To build your faith, God will often ask you to do that which is UNNATURAL and UNCOMFORTABLE.
In Heaven, we'll have comfort and security- but don't try to make it that way here.
Now here's something random. It is kinda taken from the sunscreen song, and adapted. It is on the heels of several conversations between me and a friend... I very Baptist, she Pentecostal.
Be Baptist.
But leave before it makes you hard.
Be Pentecostal.
But leave before it makes you soft.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home