Monday, April 17, 2006

Growing Pains

what a whirlwind.
This weekend was like hurrican Rita all over again, figuratively speaking.
I am glad it is behind.
I enjoyed parts of it, and dreaded others.
I cannot say that I enjoyed the growth that I was pushed through.
I cannot say that I enjoyed finding out that I had hurt a couple of people.
I hope those people can forgive me. They say they can. But I hope they really have.

Today's thoughts. Well, some of them are very uncomfortable and personal. But I will try to descirbe them in a way that is appropriate, and not crass. Some things just can't be talked about in mixed company, so I will try to avoid awkwardness. Is it possible to have an awkward blog? I suspect it is!

Okay, first, I'm really glad that I kept one thing to myself. Because it almost came out twice this weekend, and even though it was people I trust, I am not ready to discuss that yet.
Some things need to stay in the past; others need to make their way there quickly.

I can't decide whether to write about this issue of friendship (and the fear of failure thereof) or not. For now, it'll be 'not'.

Then there's the other thing, the one that I was going to have to be careful about talking about. Basically, something happened while we were camping, and it was really embarrassing. But I didn't realize until today (in Avionics) how much it bothered me. And, turns out, it really, really bothered me, and I have some thoughts about it.
It would have been different if it was just me and Mark and Calvin camping, but with the girls there it was just much more uncomfortable...
And then I felt bad because Autumn's little sister, Christy, was there, and it was MY idea to go to this park in the first place... so I felt like, "Gee, great, look what I've exposed Christy to."
Which is dumb, but I definitely still feel bad about the whole thing. Embarrassed, anyway.

I will write more about it later, Mark is trying to go to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home