Sunday pre-Church thoughts
Jenny and I were talking (on Friday at Starbucks, great time) about several things pertaining to Christianity, I'd say. They weren't necessarily in that context... I think we were discussing Pentecaostal versus more conserviative stuff...
So anyhow, the topic of dancing came up. Not dancing at a ball or in a club, but dancing before the Lord.
I won't divulge what either of us had to say on the subject, because it's between each individual and the Lord.
But it lead me to think some things this morning, and here's the big conclusion:
My relationship and worship to the Lord is extremely personal and intimate. And private.
Yes, it's public, and I DO profess Jesus Christ is my savior to men, but it's also very private.
Some things that other people do in a group, I only do in private. Because by myself is how I feel comfortable worshipping in that way.
I have many, many, many thoughts about the weekend, but church starts soon, and this isn't the time nor the place to develop them.
There was ONE thought, though, that was unrelated, but now I can't remember it!!!
I'll have to thank Calvin for offering me to use his sharp knife late last night. I'm also thankful that I declined.
:)
So anyhow, the topic of dancing came up. Not dancing at a ball or in a club, but dancing before the Lord.
I won't divulge what either of us had to say on the subject, because it's between each individual and the Lord.
But it lead me to think some things this morning, and here's the big conclusion:
My relationship and worship to the Lord is extremely personal and intimate. And private.
Yes, it's public, and I DO profess Jesus Christ is my savior to men, but it's also very private.
Some things that other people do in a group, I only do in private. Because by myself is how I feel comfortable worshipping in that way.
I have many, many, many thoughts about the weekend, but church starts soon, and this isn't the time nor the place to develop them.
There was ONE thought, though, that was unrelated, but now I can't remember it!!!
I'll have to thank Calvin for offering me to use his sharp knife late last night. I'm also thankful that I declined.
:)


1 Comments:
ok...so the last part of that blog...the knife part...hillarious...made me laugh out loud at the coffe shop I'm at and then everyone looked at me funny...lol..
miss you
Jen
Post a Comment
<< Home