Thursday, April 13, 2006

How does THIS work?

You don't have to understand something for it to be true.
Take fluid mechanics, for example.
I don't understand how a vena contracta works, why it exists, how to counteract it, and why it even matters to me. But I do know that it's a truth. Fluid flowing through a reduced orifice will form a vena contracta whether I understand it or not.

Similarly, I don't understand how I can die, yet go on living, but not in this body, yet in another body. And, being an inquisitive man, it bothers me that I don't understand these things. It makes no sense whatsoever. I understand that the punishment for my sins is that I must cease to exist. So, then, how can I continue to exist once I have ceased? Yes, Jesus came in and changed the rules of the game a great deal. But still- once I no longer am, how can I continue to be?
BUT--I know that it is true, even though I do not understand it.
And with some of these large concepts, we have to be content to leave it there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Radar said...

i find it interesting that we both wrote about death today

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home