More worship music comments
So i was just listening to this song that says something like,
"You are the light of the world...
something-something-blah-blah-blah
Jeeesus..."
And then it says, "You are the light of the world" six times in a row.
It's kinda familiar, but I don't know what it is.
Anyhow, after a minute or two of the normal song, the guy just starts 'nice' screaming, "Jesus! Jesus! Jesus! Jesus! Jesus! Jesus! Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!"
And I got really aggravated and swiched to the next song. And I said out loud to him, "Can't you sing something creative? For you to say the same thing over and over is worshipping FOR YOU, but it does me no good at all to listen to it."
It's not me worshipping to hear him get carried away in a bout of lackluster lyrics.
I get really aggravated with songs like that. The only person it does any good is the singer!!! Not the listener.
Praise the Lord that He IS the light of the world. However.
This may be why I have problems with Christian radio stations. What good does it do me to listen to someone else worship? None, unless I am worshipping along with them. Which is great! But not when someone just says Jesus' name two dozen times in a row.
Okay, done venting.
Have a magnificently blessed day... keeping in mind that God's definition of blessing and your definition might be two very different things.
"You are the light of the world...
something-something-blah-blah-blah
Jeeesus..."
And then it says, "You are the light of the world" six times in a row.
It's kinda familiar, but I don't know what it is.
Anyhow, after a minute or two of the normal song, the guy just starts 'nice' screaming, "Jesus! Jesus! Jesus! Jesus! Jesus! Jesus! Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!"
And I got really aggravated and swiched to the next song. And I said out loud to him, "Can't you sing something creative? For you to say the same thing over and over is worshipping FOR YOU, but it does me no good at all to listen to it."
It's not me worshipping to hear him get carried away in a bout of lackluster lyrics.
I get really aggravated with songs like that. The only person it does any good is the singer!!! Not the listener.
Praise the Lord that He IS the light of the world. However.
This may be why I have problems with Christian radio stations. What good does it do me to listen to someone else worship? None, unless I am worshipping along with them. Which is great! But not when someone just says Jesus' name two dozen times in a row.
Okay, done venting.
Have a magnificently blessed day... keeping in mind that God's definition of blessing and your definition might be two very different things.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home