Saturday, September 03, 2005

Random observations from a man without focus

So the drive home this afternoon was totally... well, I was spaced out. Completely. I was attentive, however, and avoided an odd near-miss. And I didn't get pulled over, either! I just kinda put the brain on auto-pilot. And changed the CD once in a while.

Before I forget... ANGELARMS: I want to call you, but I don't know when to do it. That being the case, either give me a shout out or zip me an email. If I don't hear from you, I may just have to be original and surprise you.

You know what grinds my gears? When people won't give themselves enough credit. It's great to be humble. But it's another thing to say that you aren't very smart. It's really frustrating. There's nothing you can do to convince these people otherwise.


So my screen saver just scrolled through a shot of the Copper River in Glennallen.
I want to go home.
I want to gratify that part of my mind that calls Glennallen home. And Valdez, Seward, Palmer, et cetera.


Update on the Katrina story. This was the original intent of today's blog, but that got shifted around.

The state of Texas has now been declared a disaster area- from all of the evacuees that are here.
Texas Utilities has dispatched 50 crews and trucks to help restore power where possible.
1000 state guard troops have been sent to New Orleans to try to establish order. What they have now is the antithesis of order.
We now have over 200,000 refugees in Texas. Reunion Arena in Dallas is full. The city of Houston is full. Longview has no more motel rooms. San Antonio is just about there. Even the rest stops on I-20 between here and Dallas are closed; they're being used as make-shift campgrounds. The truckers have to find another place to sleep.

Folks, I have truly never seen anything like this. This makes hurricane Andrew back in 1992 look like a sick joke. We sure need some prayer here in Texas, there in Louisiana, and way out yonder in Mississippi and Alabama.



My other observation for the day is...
"How easy it is for the rich to sit about and criticize the poor."

That's all for now. Leave a comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home