More...
Another blog for today; nothing big... please read the earlier one too.
LeTourneau campus reminds me of the city of Dallas; neither one ever sleeps.
You can run the loop at nine pm, midnight, two am, or four am. I have done all of those times, and have yet to see the campus completely asleep. There's always someone else out there... wandering through life just as I do.
You know what? I have to stop pretending. I hereby announce my intention to stop behaving as though my English is as competent as Jonathan's. It is not. I can inflate my words. I can make my phrases ambiguous. I can be concise or verbose. But, more often than not, my grammar is less than perfect. Any ambiguous sentences serve only to confuse others.
But enough of that.
Jonathan, I am choosing to quit trying to compete with you. My worth is not determined by my ability or inability to out-speak you, or out-word you, or whatever. Vive la différence, right?
New subject.
It's really humid here. I love running here. But two thoughts came to mind while running. First, running around the asphalt loop is nothing compared to walking/hiking up the hill across the highway from the ranch. BOY, do I miss that. It had therapeutic value. Second, I hate running in the humid weather. I was soaked.
But being soaked led me to thank God for the ability to be soaked. I can run, as nasty as it is, and be sweaty. Somehow, it's good to be sweaty.
Which led me to realize that what I used to consider 'dirty' I no longer do. A shirt that I have worn one day and sweated in is no longer dirty. For something to be dirty, it must have sawdust, paint stripper, mosquito guts, tree bark, engine oil, brake fluid/5606A, dish water... and a healthy dose of Alaska dust. THEN it is dirty.
I miss the life I have left. But as I talked my way into realizing last night, it's gone forever. Even were I to go back, I couldn't find what was there. Because it's gone.
For people make a place.
Once the people are gone, so is the place.
I still haven't made my comments about singing in Italian. Maybe later, it's only 10:20. But now it's time to shower.
LeTourneau campus reminds me of the city of Dallas; neither one ever sleeps.
You can run the loop at nine pm, midnight, two am, or four am. I have done all of those times, and have yet to see the campus completely asleep. There's always someone else out there... wandering through life just as I do.
You know what? I have to stop pretending. I hereby announce my intention to stop behaving as though my English is as competent as Jonathan's. It is not. I can inflate my words. I can make my phrases ambiguous. I can be concise or verbose. But, more often than not, my grammar is less than perfect. Any ambiguous sentences serve only to confuse others.
But enough of that.
Jonathan, I am choosing to quit trying to compete with you. My worth is not determined by my ability or inability to out-speak you, or out-word you, or whatever. Vive la différence, right?
New subject.
It's really humid here. I love running here. But two thoughts came to mind while running. First, running around the asphalt loop is nothing compared to walking/hiking up the hill across the highway from the ranch. BOY, do I miss that. It had therapeutic value. Second, I hate running in the humid weather. I was soaked.
But being soaked led me to thank God for the ability to be soaked. I can run, as nasty as it is, and be sweaty. Somehow, it's good to be sweaty.
Which led me to realize that what I used to consider 'dirty' I no longer do. A shirt that I have worn one day and sweated in is no longer dirty. For something to be dirty, it must have sawdust, paint stripper, mosquito guts, tree bark, engine oil, brake fluid/5606A, dish water... and a healthy dose of Alaska dust. THEN it is dirty.
I miss the life I have left. But as I talked my way into realizing last night, it's gone forever. Even were I to go back, I couldn't find what was there. Because it's gone.
For people make a place.
Once the people are gone, so is the place.
I still haven't made my comments about singing in Italian. Maybe later, it's only 10:20. But now it's time to shower.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home