Friday, September 02, 2005

Friends

My mind did a strange thing this summer. Stranger still is that it didn't tell me it was doing this.

It reorganized my 'friends' list without telling me. The top place, of course, remains intact. But now the top two places are solidified, whereas, in the past, I had my BEST friend and then no one else even remotely close. Now, I've got a couple of best friends. And that's something I think people really need.
But the real surprise comes in the rest of the list. I noticed this and figured it out in thermodynamics today. Oops. "I'm sorry, state postulate WHAT??"
But anyhow, I was sitting there trying to decide who to eat lunch with. The one group, or the other group.
In the past, I would have unequivocally eaten with the one group. Today, I found no desire to do that, only obligation. So, rather than fulfilling my obligatory responsibility, I ate with the other group.
I discovered that my friendship priorities and lists had been adjusted over the summer as a result of a changing mental attitude. I don't know what attitude changed, but it did.

That's all I have for now.
God bless you this weekend. Oh, and please pray for my safety as I go home tonight and return to Longview tomorrow.
Randall

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home