Wow.
I have to go to the church fair and attract newbies to my church.
But first, a quick blog.
A freshman was in Saga just a few minutes ago, playing the piano. I knew the piece, but can't remember who composed it or what it is titled.
It made me homesick for a land that is not my home- Alaska. I miss the times when Jonathan played Claire de Lune--or anything else--on Carolyn's piano. Or at random at church in Fairbanks. Those were good times.
I saw some friends from KZX sitting at a table across SAGA, so I got up and took my tray over to join them. I never got a word in; I couldn't break into the conversation. But one guy was talking about his brother who lives in...
...Wrangell, Alaska.
Ouch. Twisting... knife... in... chest...
What was the other thing I wanted to write about? Oh, my away message. It says,
"Some things should not be made public; when they are, it's typically done to cover up internal insecurity. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it."
Here's the explanation. Nobody cares that you have just met some hot guy and are now going out with him. The fact that it happened in two days makes you a floozie, ma'am. If you're being dumb, at least have the sense to keep it private. Don't advertise to the world (which is bound to include senstivie ears, including mine) that you broke up with your long-time boyfriend Friday and had a hot new fling by Tuesday. It's kinda sick. It's called rebounding, and it went out of style in the tenth grade.
A friend of mine (thanks, Tank) said the following:
HER: how old is she?
it sounds about 17 ish
ME : 22 last week
HER: ouch
ME : RIGHT!?!?!!?
It's a good thing she doesn't read my blog.
Which reminds me, it turns out that someone else MIGHT BE reading my blog. Someone that I have written a lot about lately. Oh boy... may need to delete sensitive stuff! Nah. If she reads it, oh well.
I left all of my dishes at home. That's a bummer, but not NEARLY as big a problem as leaving my razor at home. It's in dad's medicine cabinet. And now I have a three-day shadow. I am trying to figure out whether I should borrow someone else's for church tomorrow... being in the position I am kinda finding myself in, I think maybe I should shave. Sigh. Resignation.
But first, a quick blog.
A freshman was in Saga just a few minutes ago, playing the piano. I knew the piece, but can't remember who composed it or what it is titled.
It made me homesick for a land that is not my home- Alaska. I miss the times when Jonathan played Claire de Lune--or anything else--on Carolyn's piano. Or at random at church in Fairbanks. Those were good times.
I saw some friends from KZX sitting at a table across SAGA, so I got up and took my tray over to join them. I never got a word in; I couldn't break into the conversation. But one guy was talking about his brother who lives in...
...Wrangell, Alaska.
Ouch. Twisting... knife... in... chest...
What was the other thing I wanted to write about? Oh, my away message. It says,
"Some things should not be made public; when they are, it's typically done to cover up internal insecurity. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it."
Here's the explanation. Nobody cares that you have just met some hot guy and are now going out with him. The fact that it happened in two days makes you a floozie, ma'am. If you're being dumb, at least have the sense to keep it private. Don't advertise to the world (which is bound to include senstivie ears, including mine) that you broke up with your long-time boyfriend Friday and had a hot new fling by Tuesday. It's kinda sick. It's called rebounding, and it went out of style in the tenth grade.
A friend of mine (thanks, Tank) said the following:
HER: how old is she?
it sounds about 17 ish
ME : 22 last week
HER: ouch
ME : RIGHT!?!?!!?
It's a good thing she doesn't read my blog.
Which reminds me, it turns out that someone else MIGHT BE reading my blog. Someone that I have written a lot about lately. Oh boy... may need to delete sensitive stuff! Nah. If she reads it, oh well.
I left all of my dishes at home. That's a bummer, but not NEARLY as big a problem as leaving my razor at home. It's in dad's medicine cabinet. And now I have a three-day shadow. I am trying to figure out whether I should borrow someone else's for church tomorrow... being in the position I am kinda finding myself in, I think maybe I should shave. Sigh. Resignation.


1 Comments:
I think you left the razor at your dad's house on purpose so you could go for the burley mountain man look.
Post a Comment
<< Home