Thursday, August 25, 2005

Thoughts? I have those.

Today's thought:
If you run now, you'll run forever.


It's good to be back in Longview. The weather is terrible. My carpet is absorbing water from the air. Papers I brought here from home have already curled into a tube.

Things I want in a wife (list in progress):
The ability to just sit around and enjoy a movie.
The ability to dare me to take her hiking.
Patience and understanding.
Daring and Spontaneity.
Relaxed vivacity.


See the conflict? See the oxymorons? God has one for me. I know He does. I learned that this summer. I learned that I no longer have to strive to regain what I once had, because God has something better. This summer, of the many things I learned, one of the biggest was this: That I have value. God values me. My friends- the real ones, read below- value me. And some woman, somewhere, out there, crazy and serious at the same time, will value me, too. God already knows her name. I wish He'd share that info.

My buddy is under the weather- please pray for him. He had a procedure done (no, you don't want to know) a couple days ago, and it sounds like he's still in pain.

I am excited about the church ministry. We've already got the curriculum figured out, and I am excited to tackle such a... serious topic right off the bat. One pledge I have made is that MY SUNDAY SCHOOL WILL TEACH NO SERMON-ETTES FOR CHRISTIAN-ETTES. That's a phrase that a friend taught me. "Today, churches teach sermon-ettes for Christian-ettes," she'd say. Her point being that we never get into anything deep, offensive, or glorious. We paint a pretty picture of how God loves us so so so so so much. And He does- praise His holy Name. But there's more to the Christian walk than just that one, beautiful fact. And praise His Name for that, too.

I demonstrated failure today. And I am sorry. I failed. And I did it on purpose. The Lord foreknew my needs. So now, il mio Babbo, nonlo lasci... Io supplico!

One last topic before I close.
Don't diss my friends.
This has happened quite a bit lately.
I have many, many faults. So many that I may never trick a girl into marrying me! But don't you ever, EVER diss my close friends. Ever.
I went to visit a buddy recently. And I brought up one name; we'll call him "Guy." And buddy said, "Dude, he's weird." He's said that before. But, turns out, I happen to like Guy. In all honesty, Guy has proven to be a better friend than my buddy. So, minutes later, another name came up. We'll call him "Ping." So I said, "Me and Ping have been hanging out a lot lately." And my buddy says, "Man, that kid is weird." And I said, "Well, he's very smart." And buddy says, "Not when I was around him."
That's TWICE in the course of thirty minutes. It didn't really upset me then, but ever since it has grated on my nerve- the one nerve I have left.
Buddy, you think that everyone is weird. I can name three reasons off the top of my head for why you'd tell others that RANDY is weird. So you've just lost your credibility. The only person who comes across as truly weird in this whole story is... you... buddy.

These things hurt me. No, not hurt- frustrate and anger. Because it's a brick wall. Sigh. Resign.


If you run now, you'll run forever.

1 Comments:

Blogger Radar said...

You poor soul! I see a portrait of Jode in those descriptions. And yes, God does have a girl fitting for you in the great out there. My dad reminds me of how many Millions of girls are my our age and available. Millions. point is, the probablility of God having a girl grown up for just you is very likely. now that's a statistic.
From another perspective, God has set so many microcosms in life so we can understand the divine. He chose His bride the church from the foundation of the earth, and he can so choose our bride-he did with Isaac and Rebecca.
So, that's just an encouragement.
Thank you for asking for prayer for me.
TTYL, Radar

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home