What a Wedding!
Wow, this has been one crazy weekand weekend.
The rehearsal was so-so... I didn't really get a good idea of how things were supposed to work. But the rehearsal dinner was GREAT! Best food I have had in ages. Like, since the riverboat cruise in Virginia waaay back with what's-her-face.
So the dinner took a really long time, though. That was the kicker- we groomsmen didn't get to do anything to/with the groom, because we got out so late.
I amnot sure whether I should say what we ended up doing or not. I certainly don't have a guilty conscience about it; some LeTourneau prudes would. If you wanna know, I can show you pictures. OF COURSE I took pictures- duh!
So today went really well. The wedding went smoothly- in spite of me not knowing what all I was supposed to do. I figured it out. The confetti was good- but I will definitely have to spend a couple hours cleaning out Mrs. Stuk's Thunderbird. Oh well, it was worth it.
There was one glitch to the wedding- one of the groomsmen didn't show up. I have LOTS of thoughts on that, but in the interest of others, I will keep them off my blog.
The reception was great. Lots of eating, lots of merry-making, and lots of dancing. Well, lots of SOME people dancing.
"I'll teach you the e-lectric sliiiiide......"
Good times.
Stuk's sisters and mom are crazy fun. His dad is, too, come to think of it. With a family as fun as they are, there was no hope for this to be a boring wedding. I should have realized that going in!
Well, I miss my gang in Alaska. But I'll get to see them before long.
Good news- I changed my flight plans; now, I get a five-hour layover in Dallas!!! Hooray, I get to eat lunch with my family! I hope dad can make it- he might not. Please pray for him- he has another meeting with the IRS that day (Tuesday).
I can't believe Stuk is married. He and Julie are great. He will take good care of her, no doubt. I am so pleased with the whole thing.
And if anyone (next year) says they didn't wait long enough... I will give them a piece of my mind. The one person that would say that is the one that is scared to death of girls. I mean, the poor guy needs/wants one so bad that I'm afraid he's gonna pop. But he's way scared of them. And the whole "school first" thing? Yeah, that's a farce. He hides behind that. Most of us do at one point.
Well, the other good news is that I caught the garter! So, I plan on getting married next Saturday. Adjust your schedule accordingly.
Now if only I can find a bride to be in the wedding...
Sigh, that is another story.
I had some deep thoughts and quotes, but... forget it. Time for something else. Like sleep.
God bless ya'll.
R
The rehearsal was so-so... I didn't really get a good idea of how things were supposed to work. But the rehearsal dinner was GREAT! Best food I have had in ages. Like, since the riverboat cruise in Virginia waaay back with what's-her-face.
So the dinner took a really long time, though. That was the kicker- we groomsmen didn't get to do anything to/with the groom, because we got out so late.
I amnot sure whether I should say what we ended up doing or not. I certainly don't have a guilty conscience about it; some LeTourneau prudes would. If you wanna know, I can show you pictures. OF COURSE I took pictures- duh!
So today went really well. The wedding went smoothly- in spite of me not knowing what all I was supposed to do. I figured it out. The confetti was good- but I will definitely have to spend a couple hours cleaning out Mrs. Stuk's Thunderbird. Oh well, it was worth it.
There was one glitch to the wedding- one of the groomsmen didn't show up. I have LOTS of thoughts on that, but in the interest of others, I will keep them off my blog.
The reception was great. Lots of eating, lots of merry-making, and lots of dancing. Well, lots of SOME people dancing.
"I'll teach you the e-lectric sliiiiide......"
Good times.
Stuk's sisters and mom are crazy fun. His dad is, too, come to think of it. With a family as fun as they are, there was no hope for this to be a boring wedding. I should have realized that going in!
Well, I miss my gang in Alaska. But I'll get to see them before long.
Good news- I changed my flight plans; now, I get a five-hour layover in Dallas!!! Hooray, I get to eat lunch with my family! I hope dad can make it- he might not. Please pray for him- he has another meeting with the IRS that day (Tuesday).
I can't believe Stuk is married. He and Julie are great. He will take good care of her, no doubt. I am so pleased with the whole thing.
And if anyone (next year) says they didn't wait long enough... I will give them a piece of my mind. The one person that would say that is the one that is scared to death of girls. I mean, the poor guy needs/wants one so bad that I'm afraid he's gonna pop. But he's way scared of them. And the whole "school first" thing? Yeah, that's a farce. He hides behind that. Most of us do at one point.
Well, the other good news is that I caught the garter! So, I plan on getting married next Saturday. Adjust your schedule accordingly.
Now if only I can find a bride to be in the wedding...
Sigh, that is another story.
I had some deep thoughts and quotes, but... forget it. Time for something else. Like sleep.
God bless ya'll.
R


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home