Whew
Lord, thank You for people like Benjamin, who likes me no matter what. I really needed someone like that today, and I am so grateful that I had that phone call.
Thank You also for the advice he gave me- it was wise counsel.
What a day. It was hard in ways that people could not see. Thankfully.
I have never dealt with this sort of thing. I would say that I have never before faced this sort of temptation, but it isn't really a sin issue. So not THAT kind of temptation, you know. But still, something which is impossible has become appealing to me. And I saw it today for all that it is- impossible.
I resigned today. I finally said, "no." "No" is my final answer. Unless circumstances change, I will stand by my choice of "no".
I finally realized last night that I knew what I needed; I need a big ol' hug. But, there aren't many of those to go around. I am beginning to think that I am the only one who really likes hugs.
I find myself turning into Mr. Donner more and more every month. It's funny. I realize more now than I did then: he is the kind of man I want to be. I know, I know, we're supposed to imitate Jesus. But I am not talking about those sorts of things, I am just talking about personality and certain character traits. Mr. Donner was above a lot of societal stuff. And I value that tremendously in a person.
Well, everyone went on a hike, and I wanted to go. But that phone call with Benjamin was way better than any hike.
On that note, goodnight.
Oh Lord, You are beautiful.
Your face is all I seek.
And when...
Your eyes...
Are on this child,
Your grace abounds...
TO ME!!!
Thank You also for the advice he gave me- it was wise counsel.
What a day. It was hard in ways that people could not see. Thankfully.
I have never dealt with this sort of thing. I would say that I have never before faced this sort of temptation, but it isn't really a sin issue. So not THAT kind of temptation, you know. But still, something which is impossible has become appealing to me. And I saw it today for all that it is- impossible.
I resigned today. I finally said, "no." "No" is my final answer. Unless circumstances change, I will stand by my choice of "no".
I finally realized last night that I knew what I needed; I need a big ol' hug. But, there aren't many of those to go around. I am beginning to think that I am the only one who really likes hugs.
I find myself turning into Mr. Donner more and more every month. It's funny. I realize more now than I did then: he is the kind of man I want to be. I know, I know, we're supposed to imitate Jesus. But I am not talking about those sorts of things, I am just talking about personality and certain character traits. Mr. Donner was above a lot of societal stuff. And I value that tremendously in a person.
Well, everyone went on a hike, and I wanted to go. But that phone call with Benjamin was way better than any hike.
On that note, goodnight.
Oh Lord, You are beautiful.
Your face is all I seek.
And when...
Your eyes...
Are on this child,
Your grace abounds...
TO ME!!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home