Okay, anyway
Things that I learned in church today:
But first, something I thought of while in the cabin:
What a nice guy. Who offers to get me peach cobbler? Jonathan. Who gives me a little favoritism now and then? Jonathan.
Now then, from church:
I can't think when he does his singing thing, if you could call it that. I realize how harsh that is. But really. I know I get distracted very easily. But really. And also, it's kind of a holier-than-thou attitude that bothers me. Only a couple people even know what I am talking about, and I wish they didn't, so that I could get away with talking about it and not have anyone know.
So Angela said some nice things about me in an email, but I am not sure about them. Some of that won't get translated.
The Christian life is a war, always and always.
We even have our own enemy. He's way stronger than we are alone. But we're not alone, are we?
The final thought is that it is NOT
always wise to listen to counsel. Marlin talked today about the end of 2 Timothy. Paul warns about teachers and preachers that only say what people want to hear. He brought up a certain preacher with whom I am somewhat familiar. Although he did not name the preacher, I knew what he was getting at.
Apparently, one sign of the end times is preachers that are only people-pleasers. I don't want to be in a congregation like that. 28,000 people who are getting warm and fuzzy, but are being spiritually starved.
Sigh. What times are these? WHAT TIMES ARE THESE???
Okay, cheesy Internet poll:
if someone visits your boss's house while your boss is gone, is it then appropriate for this man to ask YOU to clean up HIS mess?
You can see my opinion already, from the way I worded the question. BUT, answer as you like.
I feel responsible for some things. Like the truck. I don't know that it was the right thing to do to take the keys out of it. But I did. Brian is not here to supervise the truck and its whereabouts. So, after returning from church, I took the keys out. Thus I plan to circumvent any person's "initiative" to do some work with Dwayne's truck. It will, however, be making the trip into Anchorage tonight.
Now that there is an additional person that reads this crummy, random, disorganized blog, I find myself writing differently. Had I ever known how many people would randomly come across this bloomin' thing, I wouldn't have started it! At least, I wouldn't have told anyone about it. Oh well.
Have a good Sunday... what's left, anyhow.
R
But first, something I thought of while in the cabin:
What a nice guy. Who offers to get me peach cobbler? Jonathan. Who gives me a little favoritism now and then? Jonathan.
Now then, from church:
I can't think when he does his singing thing, if you could call it that. I realize how harsh that is. But really. I know I get distracted very easily. But really. And also, it's kind of a holier-than-thou attitude that bothers me. Only a couple people even know what I am talking about, and I wish they didn't, so that I could get away with talking about it and not have anyone know.
So Angela said some nice things about me in an email, but I am not sure about them. Some of that won't get translated.
The Christian life is a war, always and always.
We even have our own enemy. He's way stronger than we are alone. But we're not alone, are we?
The final thought is that it is NOT
always wise to listen to counsel. Marlin talked today about the end of 2 Timothy. Paul warns about teachers and preachers that only say what people want to hear. He brought up a certain preacher with whom I am somewhat familiar. Although he did not name the preacher, I knew what he was getting at.
Apparently, one sign of the end times is preachers that are only people-pleasers. I don't want to be in a congregation like that. 28,000 people who are getting warm and fuzzy, but are being spiritually starved.
Sigh. What times are these? WHAT TIMES ARE THESE???
Okay, cheesy Internet poll:
if someone visits your boss's house while your boss is gone, is it then appropriate for this man to ask YOU to clean up HIS mess?
You can see my opinion already, from the way I worded the question. BUT, answer as you like.
I feel responsible for some things. Like the truck. I don't know that it was the right thing to do to take the keys out of it. But I did. Brian is not here to supervise the truck and its whereabouts. So, after returning from church, I took the keys out. Thus I plan to circumvent any person's "initiative" to do some work with Dwayne's truck. It will, however, be making the trip into Anchorage tonight.
Now that there is an additional person that reads this crummy, random, disorganized blog, I find myself writing differently. Had I ever known how many people would randomly come across this bloomin' thing, I wouldn't have started it! At least, I wouldn't have told anyone about it. Oh well.
Have a good Sunday... what's left, anyhow.
R


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home