Deep Thoughts...
So yesterday's deep thoughts were...
Uh...
First of all, I came face-to-face with the harsh reality that, sometimes, we must deliberately decide to do things we don't want to do. I did that yesterday. I was offered the choice of doing something I didn't want to do, or not doing anything at all. I don't remember what it was about, so it must have been a smaller issue than it seemed at the time.
Oh, there were some song lyrics.
And I wanted to write them in three languages.
But I can't think of what line it was.
So a couple of buddies and I hiked up the hill across the highway last night. One of them is very... musically inclined/talented/apt. He says that music really has an affect on how he feels. If some music is on, maybe, that is displeasing, he gets into a bad mood.
All that to say that, to a lesser extent, I am the same way. Except mine has more to do with actual songs. Sometimes, I just need to hear a certain song, and then I am restored to earthly happiness. I say earthly because it's not a spiritual thing. It's a temporary happiness. In any event, it's nice to hear a certain song when you want to.
Well, today I am riding with Philip, Jonathan, and Joel to Denali. It should be incredible. And if it's not, it's at least a nice, LONG car trip. I can read, listen to some CDs, and whatever. Talk with my friends. That's nice.
On that note, I will leave you for the day. Have a great weekend, and remember: The gift of the Holy Spirit was for all generations, not just the one that existed at the time of the Pentecost. The Bible says so.
Uh...
First of all, I came face-to-face with the harsh reality that, sometimes, we must deliberately decide to do things we don't want to do. I did that yesterday. I was offered the choice of doing something I didn't want to do, or not doing anything at all. I don't remember what it was about, so it must have been a smaller issue than it seemed at the time.
Oh, there were some song lyrics.
And I wanted to write them in three languages.
But I can't think of what line it was.
So a couple of buddies and I hiked up the hill across the highway last night. One of them is very... musically inclined/talented/apt. He says that music really has an affect on how he feels. If some music is on, maybe, that is displeasing, he gets into a bad mood.
All that to say that, to a lesser extent, I am the same way. Except mine has more to do with actual songs. Sometimes, I just need to hear a certain song, and then I am restored to earthly happiness. I say earthly because it's not a spiritual thing. It's a temporary happiness. In any event, it's nice to hear a certain song when you want to.
Well, today I am riding with Philip, Jonathan, and Joel to Denali. It should be incredible. And if it's not, it's at least a nice, LONG car trip. I can read, listen to some CDs, and whatever. Talk with my friends. That's nice.
On that note, I will leave you for the day. Have a great weekend, and remember: The gift of the Holy Spirit was for all generations, not just the one that existed at the time of the Pentecost. The Bible says so.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home