Che?
WHAT?!?!! Tank, what?!!?! LeTU students at a keg? No way!
I wonder which prof it was. You'll have to tell me in an email; that way, he/she won't get in trouble for 'negligence' of students behaving badly.
Ugh.
We didn't hit a keg at the rehearsal, the dinner, the wedding, or the reception. No alcohol has been involved. Although, my friend's mom just brought home a 12 pack to bake chicken with... and she says she won't use all of it... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Anyhow.
So we took Nate to the airport this afternoon. It's sad that everyone is leaving.
I had the most unusual feeling yesterday, as we were trying to leave the hotel. It was the same feeling I get when I am trying to leave the dorm for summer break. It's a feeling like..... um... like, something big has happened, and none of it can be changed. You realize, all of a sudden, that you are getting ready to change chapters in your life. And you wonder if you're ready to take a summer vacation, or whether you should stay behind and fix mistakes and improve situations. Those mistakes and situations can't be fixed or improved, of course, because the semester is over. But you feel like you could try anyhow.
So anyway, Nate is on his way back to Iowa right now. Tomorrow he will take a business trip to Minnesota. Soon he will drive back to Texas, so that we can all meet up, grit our teeth, and start another year of LeTourneau.
What else was I thinking...
Oh yeah, I was thinking that it was nice to have an older person around and NOT be responsible for them. That sounds really bad, but I didn't mean it to be. I am used to taking my grandmother around, and having to be her eyes, since she can't see, her knife, since she can't really cut, and all that. And then, today, Steve's Aunt Betts went to the airport with us to drop Nate off, and I didn't have to do any of that stuff. I helped out anyway. But it was nice to not have to.
People are funny.
Have a good day.
Randall
I wonder which prof it was. You'll have to tell me in an email; that way, he/she won't get in trouble for 'negligence' of students behaving badly.
Ugh.
We didn't hit a keg at the rehearsal, the dinner, the wedding, or the reception. No alcohol has been involved. Although, my friend's mom just brought home a 12 pack to bake chicken with... and she says she won't use all of it... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Anyhow.
So we took Nate to the airport this afternoon. It's sad that everyone is leaving.
I had the most unusual feeling yesterday, as we were trying to leave the hotel. It was the same feeling I get when I am trying to leave the dorm for summer break. It's a feeling like..... um... like, something big has happened, and none of it can be changed. You realize, all of a sudden, that you are getting ready to change chapters in your life. And you wonder if you're ready to take a summer vacation, or whether you should stay behind and fix mistakes and improve situations. Those mistakes and situations can't be fixed or improved, of course, because the semester is over. But you feel like you could try anyhow.
So anyway, Nate is on his way back to Iowa right now. Tomorrow he will take a business trip to Minnesota. Soon he will drive back to Texas, so that we can all meet up, grit our teeth, and start another year of LeTourneau.
What else was I thinking...
Oh yeah, I was thinking that it was nice to have an older person around and NOT be responsible for them. That sounds really bad, but I didn't mean it to be. I am used to taking my grandmother around, and having to be her eyes, since she can't see, her knife, since she can't really cut, and all that. And then, today, Steve's Aunt Betts went to the airport with us to drop Nate off, and I didn't have to do any of that stuff. I helped out anyway. But it was nice to not have to.
People are funny.
Have a good day.
Randall


1 Comments:
well, for the record, no current LETU students actually touched the keg. So there you go.
Post a Comment
<< Home