Whata day.
This is hilarious.
So Benjamin and I went to Whataburger for dinner. Well, we both went, but only I ate, because eh doesn't like Whataburger so much. Anyhow, we were in my car, and so I drove up to the drive-in menu and placed my order. I pulled to the second window as instructed and paid my moo-lah. The woman handed me my Dr. Pepper. She then explained that the chicken would take a couple more minutes.
~Time passes~
She comes back with my chicken and says, "Hey, uh, one of my employees thinks you're cute!"
I was at a loss for words. So I just said, "Uh, hahaha, uh... uh... wow... uh..."
Idiot! But she laughed and told me to have a good day.
It's been a long, long time since that sort of thing happened. Too long.
Deep thoughts for the day:
My buddy was right. We are too old to see a girl and think, "potential girlfriend."
We're just not at that stage of life anymore. It's time to see a girl and say, "hmmmm... wife, or not?" Perhaps you had to be privy to the context for this to make sense.
I had a similar feeling Sunday night at Rachel's house. I quietly thought to myself, "I am way too old for this."
But everyone else was having fun. I tried not to be a jerk and spoil their Risk game, but I think I did anyway.
But that's just me- a stick in the mud. Wink.
Night.
So Benjamin and I went to Whataburger for dinner. Well, we both went, but only I ate, because eh doesn't like Whataburger so much. Anyhow, we were in my car, and so I drove up to the drive-in menu and placed my order. I pulled to the second window as instructed and paid my moo-lah. The woman handed me my Dr. Pepper. She then explained that the chicken would take a couple more minutes.
~Time passes~
She comes back with my chicken and says, "Hey, uh, one of my employees thinks you're cute!"
I was at a loss for words. So I just said, "Uh, hahaha, uh... uh... wow... uh..."
Idiot! But she laughed and told me to have a good day.
It's been a long, long time since that sort of thing happened. Too long.
Deep thoughts for the day:
My buddy was right. We are too old to see a girl and think, "potential girlfriend."
We're just not at that stage of life anymore. It's time to see a girl and say, "hmmmm... wife, or not?" Perhaps you had to be privy to the context for this to make sense.
I had a similar feeling Sunday night at Rachel's house. I quietly thought to myself, "I am way too old for this."
But everyone else was having fun. I tried not to be a jerk and spoil their Risk game, but I think I did anyway.
But that's just me- a stick in the mud. Wink.
Night.


1 Comments:
Always appreciate when you write reflections on our conversations. It's nice to know someone else sees things how i do.
Post a Comment
<< Home