Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Happy Summer Solstice

What a day.
We got 488E running, and in great shape for the upcoming treacherous student flying!
We had to do a lot of work to her. Not really, come to think of it, she is in great shape. Just some inspections and twice-overs and stuff.

So this is/was the summer solstice... the longest day of the year in this wiggedy-whack land. We took a midnight flight up to the mountains so that we could see the sun, but we still couldn't see it... too many clouds, and we couldn't get high enough in the plane. Well, we could, but Dwayne didn't want to burn that much fuel.

And then things took a weird turn.
I won't soon forget the first words out of Jonathan's mouth.
We both realized the same thing at the same time. See though, a competition between me and Jonathan I could handle. Because, see, I would be happy with either outcome. But now it's just like, "whoa... not only forget it, but... sheesh, this is pointless."
I know things will be different from this point forward. And I know it will be noticed. (I hate saying things so ambiguously... but I don't want my blog to get me in trouble again. Aw heck, screw it...) So, having given up on staying out of trouble, there is no chance. Benjamin, I needed you tonight, but it's 4:30am your time. Can't call. Point is, forget my dream... I was right all along, it was a dumb idea... the girl is out of reach.
And I don't think I will be so giddy and goofy any more.
I think I grew up a little tonight. It was a rude awakening.

Oh well, maybe Inessa is still interested... Teeheehee. Too bad though; I once thought Dallas-Maryland was a rough long distance relationship. Dallas to Germany would be WAY worse. Unless Inessa moved here.

But the thing is... ugh, it's so confusing. I made up a song while I did dishes tonite. It was a two-liner:

Life is so confounding,
why even try?
I find myself standing here,
still asking why.

I had a bunch of song lyrics that I wanted to put up here. They were hitting the spot last night- describing just how I felt. It's too late to do it tonight, though, so maybe I'll do it this weekend.

Is it all frivolous? Is it? God, please answer me. We know the agreement we made, but You haven't made Your end clear yet.

Sheesh. Breakfast is in five hours. Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home