THE SURVEY!!!
Yeah, so, pretty much EVERYONE I know has this survey on their website. Danny started it (no Danny, you didn't START it, you're simply the first one I saw that had it. You get NO creativity points). Anyhow, then Mark had it, and now Jacki does. By the way, Jacki, I really appreciate both your comment on my last post, and also your friendship. You are an incredible person, and your ability to talk to anyone (without making assumptions or being self-conscious) is a precious gift. Use it to God's glory everywhere you go.
So, the survey.
1) Your sex: male.
(2) Straight/gay/bi?: Straight.
(3) Single?: Yes
(4) Want to be?: Uh, NO... I am not ready to be married right now, but I was MADE for deep relationships.
(5) Birthday? May 11, 198... 198... ugh, 1982.
(6) Age you wish you were: I wish I was twelve, and could re-do my teenage years knowing what I know now.
(7) Your height: 5 foot 10 inches....
(9) The color of your eyes: depends on my shirt. HOW WEIRD is that? Blue, green, somewhere in between.
(10) The color of your hair: dark brown
(11) Piercings?: Not that I am willing to discuss.
(12) Tattoos?: Just one. But no one here has seen it.
DO YOU...
(13) Smoke?: Never once- no stogies, no cigars, no cigarettes, nothing.
(14) Do drugs?: Only those prescribed to me by a licensed physician.
(15) Read the newspaper?: Not often.
(16) Pray?: Several times a day, bless His graciousness.
(17) Talk to strangers who IM you?: Mercy, let's not go there.
(18) Take walks in the rain?: Only when I forget my umbrella. But secretly, I have fun when that happens. Don't tell.
(19) Drive?: It is a passion in which I no longer indulge. Much.
(20) Like to drive fast?: Oh my. Just ask the Palace crew. This is one of those histories that I made sure I left behind when I started my new, respectable, conservative life at LeTourneau.
HAVE YOU EVER...
(21) Hurt yourself?: Not as much as I have hurt God.
(22) Been out of the country?: Italy is incredible. I love history, and Italy is full of it. And hot Italian women.
(23) Been in love?: Yes, in fact, I have. Very, very deeply.
(24) Done drugs?: Not even weed.
(25) Gone skinny dipping?: Lord no! And the idea that Jacki Sobota has is... shocking.
(26) Had a surgery?: Several times.
(27) Ran away from home?: A couple times. But I only went around the block on my bike a few times to cool off. Dad wasn't impressed, though, and I was in deep poo.
(28) Played strip poker?: Not on your life.
(29) Gotten beaten up?: I was beat up in 4th grade all the time by Josiah Miller. Little punk. He had... issues.
(30) Been picked on?: From the time I was five until today.
(31) Been on stage?: Did a lot of theatre in high school. I loved it- lots of fun. But it doesn't get the girls like playing the danged guitar. Too bad I can't play the danged guitar.
(32) Slept outdoors?: Went camping for the first time this past summer, with my best friend Benjamin and his friend Shayne, and their friend Brian. GREAT (and weird) times!
(33) Thought about suicide?: More times than you'd care to know.
(34) Pulled an all-niter?: Uh, 8am.
(35) If yes, what is your record?: see answer above.
(36) Talked on the phone all night? No.
(37) Slept together with the opposite sex without actually having sex?: Yes. We didn't intend to sleep, it just happened! It was a nap. Nothing bad.
(38) Slept all day? Only after the aforementioned several surgeries.
(39) Killed someone?: Not yet... though I get very frustrated at SAGA. :)
(40) Made out with a stranger?: No. We'll leave it there.
(41) Had sex with a stranger?: Hey there, virgin here...
(42) Kissed the same sex?: No, not even while I was in Italy, where it is culturally common.
(43) Done anything sexual with the same sex?: No.
(44) Been betrayed?: Have I ever. But, I have done my fair share of betraying, too.
(45) Broken the law?: Many, many times, and in many ways.
(46) Met a famous person?: Not that I remember...
(47) Been on radio/TV?: I was in the newspaper once. No, twice!
(48) Been in a mosh-pit?: Yes, this past Christmas break, actually.
(49) Had a nervous breakdown?: Several. They started when I was fifteen. I had one at the end of last semester... some of you know the story... and the rest of you don't get to.
(50) Been criticized about your sexual performance?: Hahahaha, no...
(51) Had a dream that kept coming back?: All the time. I have recurring themes, too. Benjamin knows about those. They bother me a lot. Especially the weird spiritual ones. Oh, I don't want to remember those anymore.
(53) What are you normally wearing to school/work?: Jeans and shirts, and the same...old...white...K-Swiss shoes.
(54) Wear hats?: Only when I am working construction.
(55) Judge other people by their clothing?: I am actually talking about this right now with Allison green.
(56) Wear make-up?: Only during theatre stuff. And yes, I AM capable of doing my own. Scary, huh?
(57) Favorite place to shop?: Old Navy.
(58) Favorite article of clothing?: My favorite shirt. All three of them.
(59) Are you trendy?: What is trendy?
BELIEFS
(60) Believe in life on other planets?: I believe it's possible. But I can also see the creativity in God, and know that He just might have made it all to glorify Him, and not put people anywhere else. And, if there ARE people somewhere else, did they not sin? He gave His ONLY SON to US, so clearly He didn't go anywhere else...
(61) Miracles?: Indeed. See them every week.
(62) Astrology?: The stars glorify my God and Creator. They do not, however, reveal the secrets of the universe, or even the secrets of what car I should buy.
(63) Magic?: No. There is a logical explanation for most of it (hence, "illusion") and the rest is demonic. Yes, criticize me all you want for believing that a man was swallowed by a fish and vomited out again. But I do NOT believe in magic.
(64) God?: Yep.
(65) Satan?: I have known Satan longer than I have known God. Sin antedates salvation.
(66) Santa?: Not since I was 9. I finally asked the question, and then it made sense why poor people didn't have great Christmases.
(67) Ghosts?: Demons, yes, but the souls of the deceased? Not generally. Although Biblically, people HAVE been raised from the dead. Samuel, for example... Saul had a seer raise Samuel up.
(68) Luck?: No. I don't even believe in coincidence.
(69) Love at first sight?: Maybe. My last one bordered on it.
(70) Yin and Yang?: No.
(71) Witches?: Yes
(72) Easter bunny?: Hey, he brings me cash.
(73) Believe it's possible to remain faithful forever?: Yes, further, I also believe that, if given the chance, I will definitely do it. Wow- how many comma splices can I put into one sentence?
(74) Believe there's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?: No. Ever since my mom gave me my Rainbow Bible (which I will cherish forever, since my mom gave it to me), I have learned not to like rainbows. It's not manly. Damon would never approve. Oh, wait... since when do I answer to Damon???? Ugh, can of worms.
(75) Do you wish on stars?: You can't even see them through Dallas air.
LOVE
(76) Did you get frightened or uncomfortable seeing that as a section title?: No.
(77) Do you remember your "first love"?: Of course I do!
(79) Do you consider your first love a mistake?: Not in the least. I made mistakes with her, but the relationship itself was in no way a mistake. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
(80) What do you find romantic?: Eyes. I am a sucker for eyes. And I also like it when a girl does nice things for me. Not to live in the past, but one thing my last girlfriend did was to bake me birthday cakes. To this day, she has no idea how that made me feel.
(81) Turn-on?: Wisdom, maturity, beauty... as Mister Rodgers would say, beauty on the inside. Most of my friends think I have strange taste in girls. They say, "ugh, Randy, she's not hot at all!" But I say (usually in my head) "yeah, but look at how she loves the Lord, and cares for others." I like a little mischief, too. And a sense of humor. If my girlfriend is funnier than me, that would be okay.
(82) Turn-off?: Negative attitude, moodiness, ego, and a girl without a healthy appetite!!! Ugh, THAT brings back memories. Yes, my next girl simply must be able to eat regularly.
(83) Do you base your judgment on looks alone: See above.
(84) Have you ever wished it was more "socially acceptable" for a girl to ask a guy?: It depends. If a girl drops hints, that is helpful. But there are few things more obnoxious than a forward girl.
(86) Do you think the opposite sex finds you good looking?: Not particularly. Though I have been told otherwise. I think they were just being nice, though. Which I appreciate!!!
(87) What are the best things about the opposite sex?: I don't know where to start! There's just something incredible about a woman. There's nothing else quite like it. No friendship with a man is ever as special as a deep relationship with a woman. I am putting physical intimacy totally out of this. I mean, emotional intimacy with a woman is just so incredible... Which is why it's so hard to move on when relationships end. I will have to develop more thoughts on this.
(88) What's the last present someone gave you?: MichaelMarie Gilmore sent me a movie, cookies, and film for my trip to Alaska. I praise God for her!
(89) Are you in love?: With my Savior.
WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON...
(90) That you laughed at?: Mark.
(91) That laughed at you?: hmm. Mark? Maybe not. I'm not very funny. Although Jennie says I am. Maybe she's the last person that laughed at me! Oh no, Jacki laughed when she thought I was suggesting that she not get to know anyone at school.
(92) That turned you on?: Let's not go there.
(93) You went shopping with?: Shayne, his girlfriend, and her two rich, stuck up, snobby girlfriends. Disaster!
(94) To disappoint you?: Myself, followed by an incompetent professor who shall remain nameles..
(95) To ask you out?: Girls don't ask me out. I know deep down inside I had my hopes up for the Sadie Hawkins Symphony. But, disappointment crashed that party.
(96) To make you cry?: My parents.
(97) To brighten up your day?: Allison. Although Brianna Epp cheers me up when I need it the most.
(98) That you thought about?: I plead the fifth.
(99) You saw a movie with?: Ryan Weaver and KJ James- Sahara. I don't recommend it.
(100) You talked to on the phone?: My grandparents. At 9:30 tonight! Crazy.
(101) You talked to through IM?: Rob Hanson, and Allison Greene.
(102) You saw?: Matt and Danny, preceded by Mark.
(103) You turned down?: Well, I turned down an offer to work on a test with Doug and Ryan. But as far as DATE type stuff, I guess... Oh, I know.. Charday!!!
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU
(104) Smiled?: On the outside? Minutes ago. Inside, deeeeep down? It's been months.
(105) Laughed?: I have had some hearty laughs lately.
(106) Cried?: I cried at Greg Buchanan's chapel. I also cry when ambulances or fire trucks scream by. If you want to know why, ask me.
(107) Bought something?: I bought dinner at McAlister's tonight.
(108) Danced?: Sinners!
(109) Were sarcastic?: Today.
(110) Hugged someone?: Today- Shane hugged me. I appreciated it- I needed it.
(111) Talked to an ex?: Last week. She needs prayer, she's going through a hard time. And she's engaged to a creep. But then, I am biased a bit. I pray that he will take great care of her for many, many years... all of their years, if they actually get married.
(112) Watched your favorite movie?: It's been awhile! Bourne Identity? I don't know. I like movies a lot, especially for dates.
(113) Talked on the phone?: Several times today.
(114) Listened to the radio?: Yesterday.
(115) Watched TV?: Yesterday. News is good to keep up with. Thank you, coach Darnell. I value my coach's wisdom in more ways than three.
(116) Went out?: In what context? I went to church this morning. That's out. I had dinner with buddies. That's out.
(117) Helped someone?: I helped David Wilson this week.
(118) Sang?: I sang in church, but not as freely as I could/should have. I love to sing.
(119) Got drunk?: Never. I have never been truly drunk. I got close by accident once. That was unpleasant. I think I uncovered control-freak genes that day, because I freaked out to realize that I was not in COMPLETE control of myself. I don't think that drinking is a sin. I DO, however, think that drunkenness is sinful. I don't judge others who do it. But I do encourage my friends to avoid it. And to seek help if they become addicted. Because alcohol addictions destroy lives. VERY quickly. I think I know a certain girl that would agree.
(120) Had sex?: See answer #41.
So, the survey.
1) Your sex: male.
(2) Straight/gay/bi?: Straight.
(3) Single?: Yes
(4) Want to be?: Uh, NO... I am not ready to be married right now, but I was MADE for deep relationships.
(5) Birthday? May 11, 198... 198... ugh, 1982.
(6) Age you wish you were: I wish I was twelve, and could re-do my teenage years knowing what I know now.
(7) Your height: 5 foot 10 inches....
(9) The color of your eyes: depends on my shirt. HOW WEIRD is that? Blue, green, somewhere in between.
(10) The color of your hair: dark brown
(11) Piercings?: Not that I am willing to discuss.
(12) Tattoos?: Just one. But no one here has seen it.
DO YOU...
(13) Smoke?: Never once- no stogies, no cigars, no cigarettes, nothing.
(14) Do drugs?: Only those prescribed to me by a licensed physician.
(15) Read the newspaper?: Not often.
(16) Pray?: Several times a day, bless His graciousness.
(17) Talk to strangers who IM you?: Mercy, let's not go there.
(18) Take walks in the rain?: Only when I forget my umbrella. But secretly, I have fun when that happens. Don't tell.
(19) Drive?: It is a passion in which I no longer indulge. Much.
(20) Like to drive fast?: Oh my. Just ask the Palace crew. This is one of those histories that I made sure I left behind when I started my new, respectable, conservative life at LeTourneau.
HAVE YOU EVER...
(21) Hurt yourself?: Not as much as I have hurt God.
(22) Been out of the country?: Italy is incredible. I love history, and Italy is full of it. And hot Italian women.
(23) Been in love?: Yes, in fact, I have. Very, very deeply.
(24) Done drugs?: Not even weed.
(25) Gone skinny dipping?: Lord no! And the idea that Jacki Sobota has is... shocking.
(26) Had a surgery?: Several times.
(27) Ran away from home?: A couple times. But I only went around the block on my bike a few times to cool off. Dad wasn't impressed, though, and I was in deep poo.
(28) Played strip poker?: Not on your life.
(29) Gotten beaten up?: I was beat up in 4th grade all the time by Josiah Miller. Little punk. He had... issues.
(30) Been picked on?: From the time I was five until today.
(31) Been on stage?: Did a lot of theatre in high school. I loved it- lots of fun. But it doesn't get the girls like playing the danged guitar. Too bad I can't play the danged guitar.
(32) Slept outdoors?: Went camping for the first time this past summer, with my best friend Benjamin and his friend Shayne, and their friend Brian. GREAT (and weird) times!
(33) Thought about suicide?: More times than you'd care to know.
(34) Pulled an all-niter?: Uh, 8am.
(35) If yes, what is your record?: see answer above.
(36) Talked on the phone all night? No.
(37) Slept together with the opposite sex without actually having sex?: Yes. We didn't intend to sleep, it just happened! It was a nap. Nothing bad.
(38) Slept all day? Only after the aforementioned several surgeries.
(39) Killed someone?: Not yet... though I get very frustrated at SAGA. :)
(40) Made out with a stranger?: No. We'll leave it there.
(41) Had sex with a stranger?: Hey there, virgin here...
(42) Kissed the same sex?: No, not even while I was in Italy, where it is culturally common.
(43) Done anything sexual with the same sex?: No.
(44) Been betrayed?: Have I ever. But, I have done my fair share of betraying, too.
(45) Broken the law?: Many, many times, and in many ways.
(46) Met a famous person?: Not that I remember...
(47) Been on radio/TV?: I was in the newspaper once. No, twice!
(48) Been in a mosh-pit?: Yes, this past Christmas break, actually.
(49) Had a nervous breakdown?: Several. They started when I was fifteen. I had one at the end of last semester... some of you know the story... and the rest of you don't get to.
(50) Been criticized about your sexual performance?: Hahahaha, no...
(51) Had a dream that kept coming back?: All the time. I have recurring themes, too. Benjamin knows about those. They bother me a lot. Especially the weird spiritual ones. Oh, I don't want to remember those anymore.
(53) What are you normally wearing to school/work?: Jeans and shirts, and the same...old...white...K-Swiss shoes.
(54) Wear hats?: Only when I am working construction.
(55) Judge other people by their clothing?: I am actually talking about this right now with Allison green.
(56) Wear make-up?: Only during theatre stuff. And yes, I AM capable of doing my own. Scary, huh?
(57) Favorite place to shop?: Old Navy.
(58) Favorite article of clothing?: My favorite shirt. All three of them.
(59) Are you trendy?: What is trendy?
BELIEFS
(60) Believe in life on other planets?: I believe it's possible. But I can also see the creativity in God, and know that He just might have made it all to glorify Him, and not put people anywhere else. And, if there ARE people somewhere else, did they not sin? He gave His ONLY SON to US, so clearly He didn't go anywhere else...
(61) Miracles?: Indeed. See them every week.
(62) Astrology?: The stars glorify my God and Creator. They do not, however, reveal the secrets of the universe, or even the secrets of what car I should buy.
(63) Magic?: No. There is a logical explanation for most of it (hence, "illusion") and the rest is demonic. Yes, criticize me all you want for believing that a man was swallowed by a fish and vomited out again. But I do NOT believe in magic.
(64) God?: Yep.
(65) Satan?: I have known Satan longer than I have known God. Sin antedates salvation.
(66) Santa?: Not since I was 9. I finally asked the question, and then it made sense why poor people didn't have great Christmases.
(67) Ghosts?: Demons, yes, but the souls of the deceased? Not generally. Although Biblically, people HAVE been raised from the dead. Samuel, for example... Saul had a seer raise Samuel up.
(68) Luck?: No. I don't even believe in coincidence.
(69) Love at first sight?: Maybe. My last one bordered on it.
(70) Yin and Yang?: No.
(71) Witches?: Yes
(72) Easter bunny?: Hey, he brings me cash.
(73) Believe it's possible to remain faithful forever?: Yes, further, I also believe that, if given the chance, I will definitely do it. Wow- how many comma splices can I put into one sentence?
(74) Believe there's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?: No. Ever since my mom gave me my Rainbow Bible (which I will cherish forever, since my mom gave it to me), I have learned not to like rainbows. It's not manly. Damon would never approve. Oh, wait... since when do I answer to Damon???? Ugh, can of worms.
(75) Do you wish on stars?: You can't even see them through Dallas air.
LOVE
(76) Did you get frightened or uncomfortable seeing that as a section title?: No.
(77) Do you remember your "first love"?: Of course I do!
(79) Do you consider your first love a mistake?: Not in the least. I made mistakes with her, but the relationship itself was in no way a mistake. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
(80) What do you find romantic?: Eyes. I am a sucker for eyes. And I also like it when a girl does nice things for me. Not to live in the past, but one thing my last girlfriend did was to bake me birthday cakes. To this day, she has no idea how that made me feel.
(81) Turn-on?: Wisdom, maturity, beauty... as Mister Rodgers would say, beauty on the inside. Most of my friends think I have strange taste in girls. They say, "ugh, Randy, she's not hot at all!" But I say (usually in my head) "yeah, but look at how she loves the Lord, and cares for others." I like a little mischief, too. And a sense of humor. If my girlfriend is funnier than me, that would be okay.
(82) Turn-off?: Negative attitude, moodiness, ego, and a girl without a healthy appetite!!! Ugh, THAT brings back memories. Yes, my next girl simply must be able to eat regularly.
(83) Do you base your judgment on looks alone: See above.
(84) Have you ever wished it was more "socially acceptable" for a girl to ask a guy?: It depends. If a girl drops hints, that is helpful. But there are few things more obnoxious than a forward girl.
(86) Do you think the opposite sex finds you good looking?: Not particularly. Though I have been told otherwise. I think they were just being nice, though. Which I appreciate!!!
(87) What are the best things about the opposite sex?: I don't know where to start! There's just something incredible about a woman. There's nothing else quite like it. No friendship with a man is ever as special as a deep relationship with a woman. I am putting physical intimacy totally out of this. I mean, emotional intimacy with a woman is just so incredible... Which is why it's so hard to move on when relationships end. I will have to develop more thoughts on this.
(88) What's the last present someone gave you?: MichaelMarie Gilmore sent me a movie, cookies, and film for my trip to Alaska. I praise God for her!
(89) Are you in love?: With my Savior.
WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON...
(90) That you laughed at?: Mark.
(91) That laughed at you?: hmm. Mark? Maybe not. I'm not very funny. Although Jennie says I am. Maybe she's the last person that laughed at me! Oh no, Jacki laughed when she thought I was suggesting that she not get to know anyone at school.
(92) That turned you on?: Let's not go there.
(93) You went shopping with?: Shayne, his girlfriend, and her two rich, stuck up, snobby girlfriends. Disaster!
(94) To disappoint you?: Myself, followed by an incompetent professor who shall remain nameles..
(95) To ask you out?: Girls don't ask me out. I know deep down inside I had my hopes up for the Sadie Hawkins Symphony. But, disappointment crashed that party.
(96) To make you cry?: My parents.
(97) To brighten up your day?: Allison. Although Brianna Epp cheers me up when I need it the most.
(98) That you thought about?: I plead the fifth.
(99) You saw a movie with?: Ryan Weaver and KJ James- Sahara. I don't recommend it.
(100) You talked to on the phone?: My grandparents. At 9:30 tonight! Crazy.
(101) You talked to through IM?: Rob Hanson, and Allison Greene.
(102) You saw?: Matt and Danny, preceded by Mark.
(103) You turned down?: Well, I turned down an offer to work on a test with Doug and Ryan. But as far as DATE type stuff, I guess... Oh, I know.. Charday!!!
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU
(104) Smiled?: On the outside? Minutes ago. Inside, deeeeep down? It's been months.
(105) Laughed?: I have had some hearty laughs lately.
(106) Cried?: I cried at Greg Buchanan's chapel. I also cry when ambulances or fire trucks scream by. If you want to know why, ask me.
(107) Bought something?: I bought dinner at McAlister's tonight.
(108) Danced?: Sinners!
(109) Were sarcastic?: Today.
(110) Hugged someone?: Today- Shane hugged me. I appreciated it- I needed it.
(111) Talked to an ex?: Last week. She needs prayer, she's going through a hard time. And she's engaged to a creep. But then, I am biased a bit. I pray that he will take great care of her for many, many years... all of their years, if they actually get married.
(112) Watched your favorite movie?: It's been awhile! Bourne Identity? I don't know. I like movies a lot, especially for dates.
(113) Talked on the phone?: Several times today.
(114) Listened to the radio?: Yesterday.
(115) Watched TV?: Yesterday. News is good to keep up with. Thank you, coach Darnell. I value my coach's wisdom in more ways than three.
(116) Went out?: In what context? I went to church this morning. That's out. I had dinner with buddies. That's out.
(117) Helped someone?: I helped David Wilson this week.
(118) Sang?: I sang in church, but not as freely as I could/should have. I love to sing.
(119) Got drunk?: Never. I have never been truly drunk. I got close by accident once. That was unpleasant. I think I uncovered control-freak genes that day, because I freaked out to realize that I was not in COMPLETE control of myself. I don't think that drinking is a sin. I DO, however, think that drunkenness is sinful. I don't judge others who do it. But I do encourage my friends to avoid it. And to seek help if they become addicted. Because alcohol addictions destroy lives. VERY quickly. I think I know a certain girl that would agree.
(120) Had sex?: See answer #41.


1 Comments:
Well, I'm exhausted from reading all that. :)
You have a tattoo? Seriously? I wouldn't have thought it of you, though once someone told me that I didn't look like a 'tattoo kind of person' and yet I have one so I must be. Sorry, rambling streak.
WAIT A SECOND. I asked you to a Symphony, remember? Don't say that you were never asked because I remember Jes Sobota accidently (I hope. I think.) hanging up on me while we were talking. Wow, they were noisy.
Post a Comment
<< Home