Friday, April 22, 2005

Thoughts.

Sigh.

For the first time in... a long time... maybe ever... I kinda feel like a failure.
And I totally should.
I dropped Dynamics because I was failing. There was no hope for passing.
All the other issues aside, it came down to my grade being too low. So I dropped it.
So I will take it next year. From a more qualified professor. Dr. Ayers is a better teacher than Dr. Reynolds in at least twelve ways.

There were lots of other things I was thinking about today.
Ha. One of them was amusing to me. I think that, through the lives of others, I can see why God sometimes doesn't let me have what I want. Or, what I think I want.
Film fest was fun. Turns out, Joe and Mark lost to the Yellowjacket film by a grand total of ELEVEN VOTES. That's a bummer.

Ravi Zacharias was incredible. That man inspires me.

What else was I thinking about today...
I am ready to leave. Normally, I hold on to every last second of the school year. I don't ever want it to end. And, in a sense, I don't this year, either. But in many other ways, I want to get out of here. I regret that I will not have more time at home. I regret that I will not be at home this summer, though I had not planned to be anyway. I regret that my parents think that what I am doing is plain old bad judgement.
"But still I praise my Saviour, in spirit and in truth..."
Because I am excited about things, too! I am excited to work in a far away place. I am excited to intern directly under one of the most respected and experienced men in the industry. No, he's not the CEO of Boeing. But that's okay.
I am excited at the prospect of getting to fly. Like, ME PILOTING an AIRPLANE.
I am excited to get to travel a bit. Anchorage, Seattle, Denver, Chicago... all places I haven't been. Well, I have been to Chicago, but it was long ago, in a child far, far away...
I am excited to see my friend Jon Stuk get married. I look back at the last three years and laugh... it's been fun.

I have always said that those two guys were a couple of my favorite folks on Earth. Someone suggested something today, and I just let my mind run with it... and then I was like, 'whoa, I like 'em, but I don't forsee them being my brothers-in-law!' THAT was a scary thought.
No, no, NO, no, no, no.

So I met a girl tonight. And I didn't like her. But I consider myself to be a people kind of person--you know, I like folks. So I thought I'd be nice, and at least humor her. But after she left, I said to Mark, "Wow... didn't like her much." And Mark said, "Yeah, I could tell." And it surprised me; I thought I was doing a fine job of covering up my shock at what she said and how she acted. But apparently, I was as transparent as I always am.

Mom always said girls don't like guys who say whatever they think. They want us to be mysterious, and I should stop talking long enough to make them guess.
Too bad. I am not going to try and be mysterious to girls. That's not who I am. If they want a guy who is quiet, listens to their problems, cuddles with them without discussing, and is just fine hanging out without having much conversation... then they need to look elsewhere.
Because I like to listen to problems, and then talk about them. I like to converse. I like to cuddle, but also talk and cut up and laugh. I love to hang out and talk at the same time. I like being goofy. I like being mischievous. I like being serious, once in awhile. I like talking about current cultural issues. I like talking about our faith.

I have gone off on a tangent.
I should go to bed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it when guys talk, like you were saying Randy. It's a really good quality. I just want you to know that there are girls who appreciate it...You're a really good friend. I'll be praying for you this summer in Alaska. -Jacki

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home