Busy Day
So I got up... way too late.
Showered.
Went to have lunch with mom at the elementary school. Those fifth graders are bad...
Then I went to the storage building to help dad move some stuff. WHY are they moving again????
Then, I went to the bank.
Then I came home, and loaded up MORE of mom and dad's stuff to take to storage.
Then I came home and loaded up my stuff (finally- MY stuff) and took it to storage.
Then I went to NorthLake and visited friends. Bummer I won't work there this summer. I miss those people. I miss nice people in general.
Then I somehow ended up at the park. I haven't been there in a while.
I had a few deep thought while I was there. I was kinda sad, because I realize that I probably won't be able to go there again. When I come back from Alaska, they will probably have moved, and I won't be in Irving any more. I have been jogging there since I graduated high school. That's over five years. I really like that park. The trail is really nice.
I was jogging and walking a little... mostly walking, because I didn't have jogging clothes on, actually, I was wearing a nice shirt and jeans. So I guess I should say, "As I was walking...."
As I was walking, I thought it would be nice to have a friend there with me. Just to talk or whatever. Then I thought it through. No friend of mine would want to walk. They'd want to run. Let off some testosterone. Granted, there is a time and place for that, of course. But today wasn't the time, and the park wasn't the place to show off how fast I could run. I just wanted to walk and ponder. So I did. And I decided that it was best to not have a friend there with me.
And so I thought about other things.
Does thinking ever really get us anywhere? I'm not sure.
So I think I will go pack now, until twelve. Then go to bed.
I should get up at 6am tomorrow. I want to get stuff at the store. I want to get a magazine at Barnes & Noble. I want to wash my car (bottom of the list). But I also want to go to Las Colinas.
Oh, I remember what I was going to write about.
I threw away something today. I was going to burn it, but mom suggested otherwise. I have held onto it for a few years. Too long. I found it in my closet today, all rolled up.
So I threw away the table-mat.
I told her I'd give it to her, but the last time we got together, we forgot it. So I still had it. And today I decided to throw it away. Dumb to keep it. So, it's gone.
Well, have a good night everyone, and a good week, and a good summer.
R
Showered.
Went to have lunch with mom at the elementary school. Those fifth graders are bad...
Then I went to the storage building to help dad move some stuff. WHY are they moving again????
Then, I went to the bank.
Then I came home, and loaded up MORE of mom and dad's stuff to take to storage.
Then I came home and loaded up my stuff (finally- MY stuff) and took it to storage.
Then I went to NorthLake and visited friends. Bummer I won't work there this summer. I miss those people. I miss nice people in general.
Then I somehow ended up at the park. I haven't been there in a while.
I had a few deep thought while I was there. I was kinda sad, because I realize that I probably won't be able to go there again. When I come back from Alaska, they will probably have moved, and I won't be in Irving any more. I have been jogging there since I graduated high school. That's over five years. I really like that park. The trail is really nice.
I was jogging and walking a little... mostly walking, because I didn't have jogging clothes on, actually, I was wearing a nice shirt and jeans. So I guess I should say, "As I was walking...."
As I was walking, I thought it would be nice to have a friend there with me. Just to talk or whatever. Then I thought it through. No friend of mine would want to walk. They'd want to run. Let off some testosterone. Granted, there is a time and place for that, of course. But today wasn't the time, and the park wasn't the place to show off how fast I could run. I just wanted to walk and ponder. So I did. And I decided that it was best to not have a friend there with me.
And so I thought about other things.
Does thinking ever really get us anywhere? I'm not sure.
So I think I will go pack now, until twelve. Then go to bed.
I should get up at 6am tomorrow. I want to get stuff at the store. I want to get a magazine at Barnes & Noble. I want to wash my car (bottom of the list). But I also want to go to Las Colinas.
Oh, I remember what I was going to write about.
I threw away something today. I was going to burn it, but mom suggested otherwise. I have held onto it for a few years. Too long. I found it in my closet today, all rolled up.
So I threw away the table-mat.
I told her I'd give it to her, but the last time we got together, we forgot it. So I still had it. And today I decided to throw it away. Dumb to keep it. So, it's gone.
Well, have a good night everyone, and a good week, and a good summer.
R


2 Comments:
Hmm, I think I had a revelation...or something. Does thinking ever get us anywhere? Sure. I'd say it's like driving. It gets you somewhere, but most times you end up going right back where you were on the next trip. However, the more you drive, the better you get at it, so the safer it is, and the farther you can go next time. Philosophical folks are cool. Rock on!
...
When are you heading to Alaska?
Post a Comment
<< Home