Thursday, November 04, 2004

Fry day?

Wow- in 4.5 hours, it will be Friday. Good thing.
It was a pretty good week. I think I made good grades.
But man, I read Matthew, chapters 1-9 last night, and the corresponding parts in Lee and Black's NT commentary. TALK ABOUT making things difficult. I can't say what I am struggling with, lest I make someone else stumble. But sheesh- I have had enough. BUT, on the other hand: Better to struggle with these things than to be a Sunday school Christian.

Know what I learned about myself? I learned that when I am afraid I'll fail, I don't even try at all. It took me way too long to figure that out. But Statics has taught that to me. I am afraid I will fail Statics, so I don't even try. No wonder I am failing it. Idgit.

What else... I don't know.
Oh, yeah I do.
So in the middle of all these struggles, the celephone rang last night. 11:30. I guess the person thought I would be in bed or something. Or maybe they did actually want to talk to me. I didn't answer- I was too scared. I make no apology for that. But I saw the name on the ID and thought, "Nope. Homework to do. Reading to do. And I don't have time for this at all." But it's like, honestly, what will the devil try next? God said He wouldn't give us more than we could handle. And He hasn't. But geesh, this is a lot of stuff to take on at once.

On an irrelevant note, I have decided to cut my hair. It's long long long... that reminds me of someone. Someone that always said I would look better with long hair. That person cared for me even though I didn't have long hair, make no mistake. It just took me four years to be brave enough to do it. And you know what? I hate it. I hate it. Everyone I ask says it looks great, that I look 25 now instead of 19. But you know what? It doesn't matter what they think. I don't like it. I don't like using three gallons of shampoo every day. I don't like waking up looking really bad. I don't like it in my eyes. I DON'T LIKE IT. So it's going away.
It's a shame that person didn't get to see it- I think they'd get a good laugh out of it. Oh well. That was the choice I made.

Some choices come back on you over and over. I am not talking about choices like drugs- I am talking about innocent choices. Or the ones we make in anger.

This is the darkest blog I have written in a long time. My blogs sometimes seem to get me in trouble- we'll see how this one goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home