Monday, November 01, 2004

Blue Monday

Well, here it was... Monday. Now it's forty-three minutes past the start of Tuesday. I still consider it Monday.

I have a lab to do. And statics. Not good.

I am so glad Aroc left me a comment! Of course I haven't forgotten you, Aroc. I tell people about you all the time- you're a real Penn2 legend. You should come visit some time, if you can.

Yeah, Michael, you're right. Some things stink worse when you stir them.

The weekend was great. Restful. Totally unproductive. Oops.

But now the serious stuff begins.
I thought I was secure in my faith. I thought I knew what I believed, and WHY I believe it. But after Saturday night's conversation with Josh... we questioned sin, and the point of tryign to avoid it, and whether we CAN avoid it, or whether we're just kinda stuck in it... and the meaning of living in grace.
Then the other conversation was between me and a couple friends that are more... they're of a more... 'spiritually active' denomination than are we Baptists. And we got into all sorts of stuff. I admit (I knew THIS part before talking to them) that I think that we baptists don't give the Holy Spirit much room to work. If any. We ask Him to fill us up, but we SURE don't want to be caught dead speaking tongues or healing someone.
And then today I read the Gospel of Luke in it's entirety. I have always said that the biggest stumblign block (as far as beliefs are concerned, not talking about sin) is reading the actual Word. Every time I do, I realize that there are new things in there that make me analyze what I think and believe and know and do.

I have to do homework now- it's 1am.
Leave a comment if you have all the answers to the world's problems. Or even if you don't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home