Thanks
Thank you, Lord, for showing me how horrible it would have been had I done what I wanted to do. I cannot even imagine all of the consequences... but now I see that it would have been horrible.
There is something here, on campus. I don't know what it is, but I am not the only one to have seen it. Except that we don't see it- we feel it. We know it. Whatever it is, it's quite evil. And it's winning. And we're not sure how to stop it. We're not sure who invited it. The bottom line is that it has to be stopped.
For now, just pray. That's the most powerful thing we can do anyhow.
And still, that dream... I still see it. It's not new. But I still see it, and wonder if there is to be any credit to it. Or was it just a dream? Is it my destiny, or is it something I can avoid? If I CAN avoid it, should I? Or is it wrong to steer away from something, just because I am afraid of the consequences?
I don't want to walk that road. I don't want to go there, to that place. Is it my calling?
Oh, for the carefree days of my youth. Days when I didn't know half of what I know now. Can I change anything? Can I improve my world? Is it too late? Here I am, getting myself educated... yet not having an impact on anything.
Some days, I wish I could be Spiderman, so that I could DO something about the wrong in this world. But I can't. I don't have web shooting out of my wrists. I don't have hairs on my palms and feet that cling to walls. I can only run if chased at gunpoint. I shall never be Spiderman. So what CAN I do?
Pray. That's what.
And see where it leads me.
There is something here, on campus. I don't know what it is, but I am not the only one to have seen it. Except that we don't see it- we feel it. We know it. Whatever it is, it's quite evil. And it's winning. And we're not sure how to stop it. We're not sure who invited it. The bottom line is that it has to be stopped.
For now, just pray. That's the most powerful thing we can do anyhow.
And still, that dream... I still see it. It's not new. But I still see it, and wonder if there is to be any credit to it. Or was it just a dream? Is it my destiny, or is it something I can avoid? If I CAN avoid it, should I? Or is it wrong to steer away from something, just because I am afraid of the consequences?
I don't want to walk that road. I don't want to go there, to that place. Is it my calling?
Oh, for the carefree days of my youth. Days when I didn't know half of what I know now. Can I change anything? Can I improve my world? Is it too late? Here I am, getting myself educated... yet not having an impact on anything.
Some days, I wish I could be Spiderman, so that I could DO something about the wrong in this world. But I can't. I don't have web shooting out of my wrists. I don't have hairs on my palms and feet that cling to walls. I can only run if chased at gunpoint. I shall never be Spiderman. So what CAN I do?
Pray. That's what.
And see where it leads me.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home