Friends
I realized this summer that the only person interested in our friendship was... me. The other person is not interested in a friendship. Except when I am doing them favors, taking them places, offering what I have.
No, I am not a saint. (Except that I am- sainthood of all believers, remember?)
But seriously.
My conclusion was proved again today. It's just odd. I don't mind what happened. But an acknowledgement would be decent, I say. Not even an apology- just an acknowledgement. I have never had one from you. When you've hurt me, you've never apologized. You hardly ever tried to make amends. Whe I was clearly hurt enough to avoid you for weeks, you simply let it be.
This has been going on and on and on. Last year, a wise woman told me to find new friends. I knew she was right then, as I already had started to branch out. But now, I fear that I may decide to cut off those old limbs.
When I said I would stand in the way of a bullet for you, I was dead serious.
Dead Serious.
But then it was out of brotherly love. Now, I would only stand in the way because I wouldn't want to see you shot.
God is teaching me a lot about myself this semester. It's interesting; I don't like some of the things I am finding out.
But other things... are just lessons that I need. And I am glad to learn about things, like compassion, and true friendship.
AgentX, thanks for being my reliable friend. We may not always agree, but that's okay. We don't have to.
God bless, everyone... and have a great fall break.
No, I am not a saint. (Except that I am- sainthood of all believers, remember?)
But seriously.
My conclusion was proved again today. It's just odd. I don't mind what happened. But an acknowledgement would be decent, I say. Not even an apology- just an acknowledgement. I have never had one from you. When you've hurt me, you've never apologized. You hardly ever tried to make amends. Whe I was clearly hurt enough to avoid you for weeks, you simply let it be.
This has been going on and on and on. Last year, a wise woman told me to find new friends. I knew she was right then, as I already had started to branch out. But now, I fear that I may decide to cut off those old limbs.
When I said I would stand in the way of a bullet for you, I was dead serious.
Dead Serious.
But then it was out of brotherly love. Now, I would only stand in the way because I wouldn't want to see you shot.
God is teaching me a lot about myself this semester. It's interesting; I don't like some of the things I am finding out.
But other things... are just lessons that I need. And I am glad to learn about things, like compassion, and true friendship.
AgentX, thanks for being my reliable friend. We may not always agree, but that's okay. We don't have to.
God bless, everyone... and have a great fall break.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home