Whoa...
This has been a weird 48 hours. Church was GREAT. Praise the Lord for church. Sometimes, it's my only source of encouragement. But then I remember that I have some great friends that stand by me and build me up, encouraging me to be a better Christian than I was before.
Anyhow, church was great. And Sunday School was great too- I didn't think it would be; I didn't have time to review the material before I "taught" it. And when I saw what we were going over, it was so short... and David Wilson came up to me and said, "Hey- I can't be here... I have to go home, so the group is all yours today!" I just about panicked. BUT- it worked out GREAT, and we found out that we have a lot of resources that we can plunge into the community. Which is good- this community needs it.
Last night I was supposed to work on my materials project. I started it too late, I knew. But I stayed up 'til 5:30 this morning. That was exciting. Actually, it stank. And it made today very challenging. BUT- I did it- I finished the assignment, and turned it in on time. All 22 pages. Whew.
I had a great conversation with someone yesterday. But, I am already in trouble for talking to her too much, according to others. Which is ironic. Who gave you permission to tell me that I shouldn't talk to someone?
There was a fair amount of stress this weekend. But it's not getting to me. I love people. Sometimes it's hard. And sometimes I don't like them. But I do love them.
I told Brady today that it was supposed to be 80 here all week, which is a contrast to the 30 they've had in Pennsylvania lately. But I was wrong- it's actually supposed to be in the 90s. WHY oh WHY?????
Well, one of my good encouraging friends just IM'ed me, so I am gonna talk to him.
Anyhow, church was great. And Sunday School was great too- I didn't think it would be; I didn't have time to review the material before I "taught" it. And when I saw what we were going over, it was so short... and David Wilson came up to me and said, "Hey- I can't be here... I have to go home, so the group is all yours today!" I just about panicked. BUT- it worked out GREAT, and we found out that we have a lot of resources that we can plunge into the community. Which is good- this community needs it.
Last night I was supposed to work on my materials project. I started it too late, I knew. But I stayed up 'til 5:30 this morning. That was exciting. Actually, it stank. And it made today very challenging. BUT- I did it- I finished the assignment, and turned it in on time. All 22 pages. Whew.
I had a great conversation with someone yesterday. But, I am already in trouble for talking to her too much, according to others. Which is ironic. Who gave you permission to tell me that I shouldn't talk to someone?
There was a fair amount of stress this weekend. But it's not getting to me. I love people. Sometimes it's hard. And sometimes I don't like them. But I do love them.
I told Brady today that it was supposed to be 80 here all week, which is a contrast to the 30 they've had in Pennsylvania lately. But I was wrong- it's actually supposed to be in the 90s. WHY oh WHY?????
Well, one of my good encouraging friends just IM'ed me, so I am gonna talk to him.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home