Goodbye summer.
So, last night was the night to burn the trash pile behind our cabin.
So I did.
It was really strange. I poured oil and water all over it (the oil had been sitting out in the rain... bummer. but it still worked), and then tried to light it with one of those click lighters. No luck. So I got a butane torch. That did the trick.
But as it was burning, I started noticing specific things that were on fire. Magazines and stuff. I always thought it was strange that Autumn threw her jeans in the fire, but then I discovered shirts, personal effects, and a HAIR DRYER. Only a girl would throw out a perfectly good appliance like that. I started to pull it out of the flame, and donate it to the cabin, but then I figured the wires were probably already shorted inside... bad idea to save it.
But then other stuff started burning. Letters to and from people.
And dern it, Linda threw away another deck of cards!!! I would have wanted that!
Anyhow, it made me kinda sad to burn all that stuff. It was like the final goodbye to the summer.
Goodbye.
So I did.
It was really strange. I poured oil and water all over it (the oil had been sitting out in the rain... bummer. but it still worked), and then tried to light it with one of those click lighters. No luck. So I got a butane torch. That did the trick.
But as it was burning, I started noticing specific things that were on fire. Magazines and stuff. I always thought it was strange that Autumn threw her jeans in the fire, but then I discovered shirts, personal effects, and a HAIR DRYER. Only a girl would throw out a perfectly good appliance like that. I started to pull it out of the flame, and donate it to the cabin, but then I figured the wires were probably already shorted inside... bad idea to save it.
But then other stuff started burning. Letters to and from people.
And dern it, Linda threw away another deck of cards!!! I would have wanted that!
Anyhow, it made me kinda sad to burn all that stuff. It was like the final goodbye to the summer.
Goodbye.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home