Ironic thhoughts on beauty
So I ran over a mouse with a van. Or someone else did, I don't know.
I didn't realize it until just now, when I saw the carcass of the mouse on the ground. Took me a minute to figure out what it was.
I hate guts and stuff. As you can imagine, the weight of the van caused the various internals of the mouse to puncture the epidermis and exit... in other words, his guts busted out.
And as I stooped down to look, I was tacken aback by the beauty of his little red stomach. It was so vividly colored, and so perfectly shaped...
I hate such things, and had the creature been anything more impressive than a mere field mouse, I probably would have avoided any type of visual attention.
But I did study it, and found it beautiful.
God's attention to such "inconsequential" creatures impresses me. It breathed new life into the passage where Christ talks about God caring about the sparrow, and how much more He cares about us.
Good day.
I didn't realize it until just now, when I saw the carcass of the mouse on the ground. Took me a minute to figure out what it was.
I hate guts and stuff. As you can imagine, the weight of the van caused the various internals of the mouse to puncture the epidermis and exit... in other words, his guts busted out.
And as I stooped down to look, I was tacken aback by the beauty of his little red stomach. It was so vividly colored, and so perfectly shaped...
I hate such things, and had the creature been anything more impressive than a mere field mouse, I probably would have avoided any type of visual attention.
But I did study it, and found it beautiful.
God's attention to such "inconsequential" creatures impresses me. It breathed new life into the passage where Christ talks about God caring about the sparrow, and how much more He cares about us.
Good day.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home