More thoughts on friends.
I have SO MUCH to do in the next hour, and it's about three hours worth of stuff, but I am going to take the time to write this while it's collected in my head.
So I was reading the wiki bird flu website the other day ( http://www.fluwikie.com ). And I got to thinking about friends again.
For some reason, I don't see myself dying from bird flu; I see all my friends dying from it, and me being a makeshift caretaker. But that's because my pathetic world revolves around me...
Anyhow, there's a large section on that site about how to care for people that are suffering from severe influenza, bird flu or otherwise. So I thought about some of the guys in the dorm, and about them being bedridden.
The I read more, and thought about having to help them drink, and pushing the fluids (which is apparently a medical phrase that means literally PUSHING the fluids through by putting more and more in until some start to come out of... anywhere). And then if they couldn't stand, then they'd have to have help with the "dignity" activities, too. Ugh.
But then I thought of a small handful of people that I think I could do that for.
And then this song came on my computer, and it's not necessarily a great theological song (it's not, at all), but it kinda fit. So I am going to adapt these words by The Who to fit my own purposes. Hey, people do it with God's Word, so why shouldn't I misuse The Who's??
When your fist clenches, I'll crack it open
Before you use it and lose your cool
When you frown, I'll tell you some good news
So you can laugh and act like a fool...
(this line edited out for irrelevance)
If you shiver, I'll give you a blanket
Keep you warm, I'll give you my coat.
So I was reading the wiki bird flu website the other day ( http://www.fluwikie.com ). And I got to thinking about friends again.
For some reason, I don't see myself dying from bird flu; I see all my friends dying from it, and me being a makeshift caretaker. But that's because my pathetic world revolves around me...
Anyhow, there's a large section on that site about how to care for people that are suffering from severe influenza, bird flu or otherwise. So I thought about some of the guys in the dorm, and about them being bedridden.
The I read more, and thought about having to help them drink, and pushing the fluids (which is apparently a medical phrase that means literally PUSHING the fluids through by putting more and more in until some start to come out of... anywhere). And then if they couldn't stand, then they'd have to have help with the "dignity" activities, too. Ugh.
But then I thought of a small handful of people that I think I could do that for.
And then this song came on my computer, and it's not necessarily a great theological song (it's not, at all), but it kinda fit. So I am going to adapt these words by The Who to fit my own purposes. Hey, people do it with God's Word, so why shouldn't I misuse The Who's??
When your fist clenches, I'll crack it open
Before you use it and lose your cool
When you frown, I'll tell you some good news
So you can laugh and act like a fool...
(this line edited out for irrelevance)
If you shiver, I'll give you a blanket
Keep you warm, I'll give you my coat.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home