Hmmm... useless thought, but a thought nonetheless.
By the way, and before I forget... Jonathan, I did not author that poem. It was sent to me. But I liked it, and people do allow that to happen, so I posted it. It's as much a warning to myself as it is to others. Someone recently said that friendship is 25% willpower and 75% location: if you're located close to a person, you can still be friends with them. Otherwise, it fades.
And I'm afraid it's true. All too often, I find myself maintaining friendships in the dorm, yet neglecting Jonathan, Angela, Daisy, Benjamin, et al.
Anyhoo, on to the useless thought.
Except that I can't remember what it was.
Oh yeah.
So our suite is new this semester... that is, we four haven't occupied a suite together before. Mark, Keith, Junior, and myself make up our 'suite'. It was pretty apparent that we'd be the coolest suite on the floor.
Over Christmas break I realized that our suite would be the coolest suite I had ever been a part of. I didn't realize, however, that I would maintain these friendships at the expense of friendships with others on my floor.
And then tonight, I came to a startling realization:
What other friendships?
And I'm afraid it's true. All too often, I find myself maintaining friendships in the dorm, yet neglecting Jonathan, Angela, Daisy, Benjamin, et al.
Anyhoo, on to the useless thought.
Except that I can't remember what it was.
Oh yeah.
So our suite is new this semester... that is, we four haven't occupied a suite together before. Mark, Keith, Junior, and myself make up our 'suite'. It was pretty apparent that we'd be the coolest suite on the floor.
Over Christmas break I realized that our suite would be the coolest suite I had ever been a part of. I didn't realize, however, that I would maintain these friendships at the expense of friendships with others on my floor.
And then tonight, I came to a startling realization:
What other friendships?


1 Comments:
good observation about friendships. i may accredit willpower more than 25% in a very deep friendship, though . i suppose there's another line drawn in the sand. deep friendships as opposed to friendship by disposition. yours is the former; several friends are the latter.
-Jonathan
Post a Comment
<< Home