Thursday, February 23, 2006

Throw head back and laugh.

NOTE: 12.5 hours after originally writing this, I have chosen to edit it heavily. The mailroom markerboard had an interesting quote on it. It said that we should work on our CHARACTER, rather than our REPUTATION. That's because CHARACTER is what is real; REPUTATION is only what others THINK is real.
In light of that, I am going to edit out some of the things I wrote last night... er, this morning. I needed to get those things out, but it requires more character to keep them out of the "public eye". Here goes.


Mark recently told me, "Average minds talk about people. Intelligent minds talk about events. Geniuses talk about ideas."
Well, this blog will do all three!

Wednesday night was both encouraging and discouraging. I was discouraged to learn a bit about what's been going on for so long... but I was encouraged to know that someone would stick up for me. That they'd get upset on my behalf.

The other thing I want to lecture about it this:
Be careful whom you mistreat. Because you never know what kind of power that person will end up having over events in your life. And you'll never know about it; you'll just wonder why things aren't in your favor. And behind the scenes, it's plain as day.

(removed paragraphs. Suffice it to say that when you're a jerk, people notice... even if it takes a few years)

REWORDING of something I said last night:
John Eldredge says that all mean use (figurative) fig leaves to cover up who we really are. Some guys use bigger fig leaves than others, even though what's underneath is virtually identical.
The person I was typing about earlier has created an elaborate fig leaf. But it's a facade. And, while it may take decades, he'll eventually figure out these things. He'll discover that the reality he has created is scarcely reality at all. And it's lonely when you're all alone.
I'm not the only one with the wisdom to see it--that's not what I am saying at all. But he's got this facade, this persona to keep up. It's ridiculous, and it's detrimental to his development as a man.

Thoughts are trailing off at 1:55am. I will go to bed, having already typed the following.

Jonathan's blog contains the following quote from reader's digest:

Question- How do I know when to end a friendship?
Answer- As soon as you get that sneaking suspicion that it never really began.

I have chosen to do that lately. With several people. And with others, I have chosen to start over.
I won't tell any of them about it. I'll just quit trying with some, and try harder with others.

You can't worry about burning bridges if there aren't any bridges to burn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home