Saturday, February 25, 2006

Lessons Learned

When you really care for someone (in the familial sense, not romantic), you can't help but worry about them sometimes.
That's a lesson I've learned lately.
And it's brought me to respect and appreciate the image of my parents in a way I had not previously.

I hope I'm not being overbearing. I know that I'm not, but I hope that the other person knows that, too.

It all goes back to a dream...

I trust the person. I trust him not to make catastrophic mistakes. I trust him, period.
But I know that people are weak. People DO make mistakes. People can be smack dab in the middle of the straight and narrow, and in the blink of an eye, be whisked away into the throes of sin. And never see it coming.
I can, anyway. I can.

I don't know lately. And I'm not sure what it is that I don't know. If I knew, maybe I could figure it out.
I know I need some ME time... time away from here, there, them, they, us, ya'll, we, her, him, she, he, IT, THAT, THOSE, this, and any other pronouns you can think of.
But I can't get away. And when I can, I don't. And when I do, I still don't.
I don't have time for ME time tomorrow. Church, Sunday school, homework, dinner thing at Mrs. Norris's house. Obligation, obligation.
I'm not seeking pity. But I sure do need to prioritize.

Goodnight, folks.
Folks... by the way, is anyone reading this anymore?

1 Comments:

Blogger Samantha said...

You're fishing. Stop being silly.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home