Friday, February 17, 2006

Whoa.

I had this awful dream about my roommate. It wasn't violent or demonic (thank goodness), but it was still awful.
And it was so vivid that when I woke up (terrified), I wasn't even sure I had been dreaming. So I looked across the room just to make sure Mark was still there. And I prayed a little. And then I went back to sleep.

Last night was just weird period. I took that three hour nap I wanted, and then I wasn't tired. Go figure. So I started dynamics at 1am, and finished at 2:20. So I went for a run. Ran until around... 2:45. Came back and showered. Brushed my teeth laboriously. Read "Blue Like Jazz" until 3:45 or so.

I did ALL of my dynamics homework. Got the right answers for all three poblems. Granted, I have the advantage of being in posession of the old solutions manual. But it's to a previous edition of the text- the problems are different. Very similar, when I'm lucky, but different numbers. So, Rather than spend six hours on the three problems and end up with the wrong answers (and no notion of how to do it), I spent 2 or so and got the right answers. And didn't waste my time teaching myself wrong methods.

Please pray for a few people. First, pray for Allison Green's trip to Guatemala. Pray that she'll be safe, of course, and that she can impact lives for Christ. Second, pray for Christina. She's got some creep telling her nasty things on the phone. Unfortunately, he knows where she lives, apparently. Third, pray for Benjamin's trip to Houston. Pray for safety getting there and back, and also that he'll do really well in what I'll just call a 'job interview.' But he really needs to do well for this 'interview'!!!

Okay, on that note, have a great weekend!!!!
Proverbs 17 says that a quarrel is like letting water out of a bucket... once it gets started, there's no stopping it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Radar said...

Congratulations on your Dynamics homework! where are you in Blue Like Jazz?
the verse you highlighted from Proverbs 17 is the one (though unconsciously) i considered last night as i fantasized a certain conversation in my mind. Quarrelling really is like bumping a bucket around until it spills. And when it does, the contents soak everyone around.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Elmo said...

Good call. Everyone around gets involved.
I am almost finished with the book.
Later!

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home