Friday, March 24, 2006

Friday morning journey into understanding

First of all, this is the most beautiful morning we've had in a long time. I don't know if it's got anything to do with it being FRIDAY, but it's absolutely wonderful outside. Even if it is 31 degrees.

Okay, so here are the thoughts and funny quotes from this morning:

In response to Sam Paris's choice to leave the theta term out of his trig expressions in problem 12.73:
Me: "Hellooooooooo, undefined variable!"
Doug, in an angry black woman voice: "MMMMMMM-hmmmmmmm."

Commenting on a negative sign which repeatedly went on hiatus this morning:
Sam: "I'm missing something."
Me: "Yes, we've established that."

Much props to Sam for doing that problem in front of the class- I certainly wasn't about to tackle it.

Now, less humor, and more thought. I should share this one with Mark- I got to peer into his world last week, and now I can make a comparison of it to mine:

Dynamics is like climbing David's Castle: there exist multiple paths to traverse from bottom to top, but some of them are 5-5, some are 5-9, and you might be unlucky enough to pick the 5-10. The only problem is, in my business, you don't have a map for which path is hardest before you begin. It is only when you're halfway up that you determine you picked the 5-10, when the 5-5 was just inches away.

Finally, one last thought:
It's great to love those whom God has placed around you. But there's no need for separation anxiety!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home