Eyebrow raised, but then lowered.
Sometimes, you find things out about people that surprise you. Other times, you find things out about people that DON'T surprise you.
Tonight was a hint of the first, but mostly the latter.
I had a suspicion about most of what was going on. Now, the other part I found out was a surprise. But predictable.
Don't front. When people find out who you really are, and that your life has been a big lie for four years, they really get disappointed.
But if I ran and told people what was really going on, no one woudl believe me. I might as well say that mother Theresa had been sleeping around with Prince Charles. No one would believe me.
That's okay with me.
Gossip is trivial. It doesn't build me up. It doesn't tear them down. It's just spinning wheels that could better be spent (spint?) elsewhere.
It's just a surprise a little, that's all. One I learn of with a sly smirk on my face. And a nice "I told you so" on the inside.
And then, on the other hand, someone said something nice about me tonight. They said that I had been a special guy to them. That's a compliment coming from this particular person, because they could have said any number of unpleasant things, and still been 'right.'
So, thank you. And rest assured that you were a very, very special girl to me. And, although in a different way, you still are.
Tonight was a hint of the first, but mostly the latter.
I had a suspicion about most of what was going on. Now, the other part I found out was a surprise. But predictable.
Don't front. When people find out who you really are, and that your life has been a big lie for four years, they really get disappointed.
But if I ran and told people what was really going on, no one woudl believe me. I might as well say that mother Theresa had been sleeping around with Prince Charles. No one would believe me.
That's okay with me.
Gossip is trivial. It doesn't build me up. It doesn't tear them down. It's just spinning wheels that could better be spent (spint?) elsewhere.
It's just a surprise a little, that's all. One I learn of with a sly smirk on my face. And a nice "I told you so" on the inside.
And then, on the other hand, someone said something nice about me tonight. They said that I had been a special guy to them. That's a compliment coming from this particular person, because they could have said any number of unpleasant things, and still been 'right.'
So, thank you. And rest assured that you were a very, very special girl to me. And, although in a different way, you still are.


1 Comments:
Hello there, mr. Randy. I'll be at LU this weekend. Perhaps I'll see you around? It'd be nice. Hasta later.
Post a Comment
<< Home