Difficulty...
It is difficult to be a man, when all around you are examples of dominant men that you don't want to be like.
The dominant, well-known guys... I don't want to be compared to.
Poor balance, bad planning, immaturity, indecisiveness, brashness, lack of refinement, poor faith... these things plauge the "men's men" that are around.
So how can I be what I ought to be?
How do I throw these things away, these things that make the "real" men real men, and become someone better? More real? Less facade?
By looking to the Lord and saying, "Make me like You, my King."
The dominant, well-known guys... I don't want to be compared to.
Poor balance, bad planning, immaturity, indecisiveness, brashness, lack of refinement, poor faith... these things plauge the "men's men" that are around.
So how can I be what I ought to be?
How do I throw these things away, these things that make the "real" men real men, and become someone better? More real? Less facade?
By looking to the Lord and saying, "Make me like You, my King."


2 Comments:
i am appreciating the topics of your entries this week. they are mature and insightful. and they provoke me to thought.
the characteristics you described are those of men who are grappling with the cares of this world to an extent that it displaces their cares of the things of Christ.
You can be what you ought to be by bearing your cross and following Christ: being so close to your faith that you would die for it alone. Be devoted to your duties and cling to what is real.
I think that one of the best ways to become a man is to stop worrying about being manly and start striving to be Godly. I know you are striving for Godliness, so take heart... you are being a man. Peace.
Post a Comment
<< Home