Saturday, December 10, 2005

Wow... caught red handed.

So I just signed a comment, "Randinator".
And I thought of Eldredge. And I wondered if I was being a poser. Calling myself Randinator.... as though I was some weird Romanesque conqueror... half Randy, half gladiator.

Lost of deep thoughts since the movie last night. It just kinda got the thought ball rolling.

Sigh.

3 Comments:

Blogger Benjamin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

Every man that seeks to live and think a holy life is a warrior. A battle is continually going on to control what one thinks and does, as you and I both know. Is Randy Rohe a gladiator? Yes. A gladiator is one who engages in mortal combat between himself and another man or himself and a beast. In the case of spirituality, we do both. Our spirit man continually (hopefully) battles to kill the will of the flesh. At the same time the flesh battles to kills the will of the spirit. The flesh is like a beast, wanting to indulge in the basest of pleasures - selfishness, greed, self-gain, sex (outside of marriage ofcourse). We are fighting a man/beast of sorts. We are gladiators. Go ahead and call yourself Randinator... if it makes you feel like a gladiator, well, I tell you, it does so justly.

As for conquerer... you are a conquerer... more than a conquerer infact... as the Bible tells us. Sometimes you may not feel like one because of failures to conquer.. you know... defeats. Well, don't lose heart! If you think back in history all great conquerers lost a battle here or there... what made them conquerers is that they kept on getting up and they never quit until victory was theirs. Life will knock us down, and we will fail at times, but we are more than conquerers because we battle on with Christ... never giving up... and knowing that one way or another, victory will be ours!

That is my soap box or whatever.

Take it easy man... peace.

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay Randy, you were right it is a POW person. Do we really close the chapters of our lives on old friends? Or maybe we just lost touch.....anyways, its Amy. Hope all is well with you. Sorry for pushing your buttons

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home